Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

75 Posts

02-21-2014

California

81 Signins

1288 Page Views

• Views: 1288
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro Express Charging???

2014-03-04, 19:52 PM

Hi everyone, so I recently turned on the express charging feature on my laptop in the Energy Manager settings and it charges much faster than usual (less than an hour for a full battery for sure). I was wondering, if you have it on all the time, are there any detrimental effects on the battery? Can it make the it die out faster? Does it kill performance when this option is on? (I haven't really noticed anything like that so far) Any advice would be nice. Thanks.

Answer
Options

3 Posts

03-04-2014

7 Signins

54 Page Views

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Express Charging???

2014-03-04, 20:32 PM

Hi, express charging allows more current to flow to the battery, allowing the battery to charge faster. With this comes more heat, which does have a detrimental effect on the battery. I would recommend turning express charging on only when you need it. Otherwise, leaving it off would be better.

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

3 Posts

03-04-2014

7 Signins

54 Page Views

• Message 2 of 3

2014-03-04, 20:32 PM

Hi, express charging allows more current to flow to the battery, allowing the battery to charge faster. With this comes more heat, which does have a detrimental effect on the battery. I would recommend turning express charging on only when you need it. Otherwise, leaving it off would be better.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

1 Posts

10-01-2014

India

7 Signins

29 Page Views

• Views: 29
  • Message 3 of 3

2014-10-01, 7:08 AM

I have yoga 2 pro and it charges preety fast even with express charge turned off. Also it gets heated even when switched off and charging. I suspect that express charging is turned on even though in Energy manager GUI I have turned it off. Is there any other way to confirm that express charge is turned off ???

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms