Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ranquet91
Blue Screen Again
Views: 425
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 Pro - From Screen Flicker to a Nightmare

I know there are some forum post about this issue, but I have had a nearly continues issue with screen flicker below 30% brightness with my Yoga 2 Pro. It is not a software issue, current video drivers, bios ect power managment has adaptive turned off and power save mode is off on the Intel Drivers. Here is my story and I am hoping Lenovo can make it right.

I am a long time consumer of IBM and Lenovo products, my prior Laptop is a T410 which has never had an issue and I still use it to this day.

I purchased my first Yoga 2 Pro and right off bat noticed the screen flicker issue on low brightness so I sent it off to the depot for repair, they swapped the motherboard and sent the device back with the screen flicker issue still happening. So again the device was sent off to the depot and this time the screen was replaced and again came back with the flicker issue still existing.

I was then sent a replacement unit and right out of the box it has the low brightness flicker issue, but this time a BIOS update did the trick. Now fast forward 3 months and the issue is back and off to the depot it goes again, where it has sat for a week waiting on parts.

I have no faith that the device will come back repaired or when it will even get to me with the parts hold, I have hardly used this device in fact the newest unit still has some of the protective plastic. 

Lenovo needs to recognize that the low brightness issue is happening to a lot of individuals and provide us with a suitable replacement device, I fear that this $1200 device will not make it much past my warranty which is honestly sad in terms of quality.

AshishKharel
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 217
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - From Screen Flicker to a Nightmare

Make sure you have disabled 'Display Power Saving Technology' in the 'Power' tab of 'Intel HD Graphics Control Panel'. Also, make sure you have installed Energy Manager software by lenovo.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors