Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mattress
Paper Tape
Views: 4,005
Message 1 of 9

Yoga 2 Pro - GRAPHIC DISPLAY DRIVER AND SCREEN FLICKER

Hi everyone.

I've been doing research on this all day, what I thought would be a quick job has turned into a big headache.

Like many of you, I updated to Windows 10 and my screen immediately started flickering. It only happens when I'm on battery power when the battery starts getting low. I found a forum post on the Intel website that had been answered by Intel support. It directed me to remove my graphics display drivers, reboot and download/install the updated driver. At this point I have attempted to install 5 different Intel Windows 10 64 bit drivers and have gotten a message on my screen that says MY DEVICE DOESN'T MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS. So now I have no graphic display driver at all.

My questions are, which exact driver do I need and will that fix the flickering problem?

YOGA 2 PRO SER ########

Thank you for your help!

Matt

Mod's Edit: System model added to the front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity.

Mod's Edit: Serial number removed from public view to protect member from its unwanted use.

• Machine Type:80AY
  • Model:59418309

DaleRoss
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,996
Message 2 of 9

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - GRAPHIC DISPLAY DRIVER AND SCREEN FLICKER

This is a tough one. Two Yoga 2 Pros here, both on Windows 10. Neither one is being used much now with one replaced with a 910 and the a 920. However... when both were in use, one had the flicker problems and the other did not. Now the flicker wasn't constant. What would happen is that the display would flicker, go off and then come back on. I tried everything, using the display drivers that Microsoft Update suggested, using the drives from Lenovo Site and letting Intel scan and suggest drivers.

My question to you:

Are you on an Insider build?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,994
Message 3 of 9

Without knowing the exact model, I am going to guess your system has the Intel HD Graphics 4400, but if not please provide your system Machine Type Model (MTM) because they will delete your S/N for your protection..

Try manually installing the latest Intel driver manually, which is linked below along with the link to the instructions for installing.   You basically have to download the .zip version, unzip the files, and then point Windows to the unzipped files to install.

Intel® Graphics Driver for Windows* [15.40]  (Version: 15.40.37.4835 (Latest) Date: 11/6/2017)

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/27267/Graphics-Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-40-

Manually Install an Intel® Graphics Driver in Windows® 10 and Windows* 8/8.1

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005629/graphics-drivers.html

Good Luck,

Mattress
Paper Tape
Views: 3,985
Message 4 of 9

Thanks. Here's the model info.

Machine Type Model: 80AY59418309
Operating System Windows 10 (64-bit)
Intel Core i7-4510U
CPU @ 2.00 GHz 2.60 GHz
Mattress
Paper Tape
Views: 3,983
Message 5 of 9

I don't know what an insider build is so I guess not! Smiley Happy
JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 3,960
Message 6 of 9

The link above that I posted to the Intel driver version: 15.40.37.4835 (October 26, 2017) is the correct latest driver for your systems Intel HD Graphics 4400 adapter from Intel, so if you follow the instructions on installing it manually, it hopefully will resolve your problem. 

Best of luck,

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 3,942
Message 7 of 9

Can you please reset the Windows installation and check if the issue persists without Windows update? Most likely, Windows update is replacing the drivers which cause the problem

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Mattress
Paper Tape
Views: 3,902
Message 8 of 9

I tried this twice but it isn't working. I'm getting an error message that says "

" The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. "

@JDGilliswrote:

The link above that I posted to the Intel driver version: 15.40.37.4835 (October 26, 2017) is the correct latest driver for your systems Intel HD Graphics 4400 adapter from Intel, so if you follow the instructions on installing it manually, it hopefully will resolve your problem. 

Best of luck,

Gibraltar
Punch Card
Views: 3,893
Message 9 of 9

The screen flicker you describe should be easily resolved with a couple of check marks on configuration, more on this later.

First, get the display drivers for your Y2P from Lenovo Support site; i know they are older then Intel's but do give it a try. Install them, reboot then from Device Manager force update the newly installed driver (right click on the display entry under Display Adapters and select check for updates). Install if available and reboot again.

You should now have working display drivers installed. Now on an empty space on your desktop right click and select Display Properties (from Intel) and a new windows should open. Go to Power options, select the battery option and DESELECT display refresh switching and Display Power Saving or whatever the settings related to power conservation options are called.

And you should not be plaged again with the screen flicker.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors