Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spitfire1319
What's DOS?
Views: 183
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 Pro Juice spill

I spilt juice on my yoga 2 pro. I'm using it right now and I have cleaned it to the best of my extent. The keys are a bit sticky and the right USB port seems jammed and won't work. Please help.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 151
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Juice spill

I'm not sure how much help I can be.  Juice is full of sugar and is acidic and conductive.  If you are lucky, you can clean the USB port with alcohol, and replace the keyboard and that will fix it, but there may be problems later.

I do not respond to requests for private, one-on-one help. Your questions should be posted in the appropriate forum where they may help others as well.

If a response answers your question, please mark it as the accepted solution.

I am not an employee or agent of Lenovo.
spitfire1319
What's DOS?
Views: 145
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for answering so quickly. I am going to try that ASAP. I have not noticed any side effects but my monitor did glitch for half a second and the keys and track pad are functional. Will bringing it to a pc repair shop be any Help?

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 137
Message 4 of 4

They might have a can of Blue Shower (electronics cleaner) that they could use to flush out the USB port, and if you have one key that is particularly sticky, they may have the tools to pop of an individual key and clean beneath it without breaking the key itself.   Removing the keyboard entirely to clean it requires taking the laptop nearly completely apart.

BTW   Techspray's Blue Shower spray can be found online for about 13 bucks or so too. 

Good Luck,

Top Kudoed Authors