Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ernestforman
What's DOS?
Views: 14,376
Message 11 of 30

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Keyboard Not Working

My Yoga 2 worked fine, as did my son and daughter's computer.  But I couldn't get the hdmi output to work with a 2nd monitor.  After spending 3 hours with Lenovo tech support (where I tried two different cables -- one to vga and one to hdmi), they said I had to return the computer to the factory for a new motherboard.  I asked that they NOT reformat the hard drive, but they did anyway.  The computer came back, port still didn't work (later I found out I needed a 'powered' cable to use the hdmi output) and the reformatted my hard drive!

I had a backup just in case, but couldn't install it -- getting errors when Acronis tried to restart.  After many hours with Lenovo -- no help -- they sent me from their hardware dept to their software dept and wanted to charge me premium service fee, I got help from Acronis who told me I had to turn off the Secure Boot in the bios.  I did this and eventually got the C drive resoted with my installation of software.  But now I'm having the keyboard problem described above, as well as the screen rotating as if I had turned it in my hands (while it is on a table) as well as changing modes from laptop to tent etc.  Since I didn't have this problem before they changed the motherboard, I suspect it is a hardware problem.  Any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Jmurray23
What's DOS?
Views: 14,285
Message 12 of 30

The flip to tablet solution worked for my non-responsive keyboard. Hope it don't need to keep using it though.

dkwrye
Paper Tape
Views: 14,221
Message 13 of 30

I recently purchased the Yoga 2 from BB. Second day of owning it the keyboard started doing what has been mentioned here. I was able to resolve my issue. I noticed that if I pressed, and then held for a second or two, a key while in laptop mode it would work. This is an accessibility setting under "Ease of Use". Here are the steps I took to resolve my issue. 

1. Windows Key+C

2. Click settings icon.

3. "Change PC settings"

4. Ease of Access

5. Keyboard

6. Make sure "Filter Keys" is set to off. (I have everything else on that setting menu turned off as well.)

I guess a quick way to tell if this will solve your issue is to hold down a key (I used the windows key) for a second or two. If it does something, then this is probably your issue. If not.....I have no idea. Hope this helps someone out. 

BTW: I do not recall changing these settings.......but it did start to happen the morning after a night of computer use+alcohol, so who knows. 

pswaters
Paper Tape
Views: 14,134
Message 14 of 30

I woke up this morning with my keyboard not working too.  Everything was fine yesterday, and to my knowledge, no updates were installed.  After trying a few things that I have read in the post and other, I booted to the Novo Button Menu.  May keyboard does not work here either.  This leads me to thinking that it is a hardware issue.  I have a tiny bit of compressed air.  Does anyone know where the sensor is that determines the laptop mode.  It seems that it should be disregarded when at the Novo Button Menu since the only way to use it is via the keyboard, but it seem like my last hope.

Thanks.

JACOB-AMAO
Paper Tape
Views: 14,103
Message 15 of 30

I bought my Lenovo Laptop Model(3IP)M/T model59RFO542  in February,2014.

The Keyboard was working quiet well until last week when the keys were sticked and not depressed properly.I need to press so hard before i can type any word or sentence.

Brad331
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,079
Message 16 of 30

My solution: Lenovo Transition!

The keyboard of my Yoga Pro 13" stopped working after reinstalling a clean copy of Windows 8.1. I installed Lenovo Transition and was delighted to see my keyboard lit up and working again!

rigbly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 14,004
Message 17 of 30

I am now having the same issue on my 11s and my yoga 2 pro. Keyboard does not work unless you disable ymc service and attach external keyboard. Folding the Pro 2 into tablet and back crashes it, meaning it puts it to sleep and it wont wake up. I have done nothing to this PC since I bought it a few months ago. These transition keyboards are turning out to be a nightmare of functionality and accessability.

JACOB-AMAO
Paper Tape
Views: 13,998
Message 18 of 30

Go to PC Settings; then move to EASE OF ACCESS.

Under the Useful Keys put off:- Sticky Keys; ToggleKeys; and the Filter Keys.

These are the steps I took and my Lenovo Laptop was restored back to initial stage.

Try the method as suggested above.. Jacob Amao.

rigbly
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,997
Message 19 of 30

That setting is already off. I disabled the ymc service and the keyboard and transition works on the Yoga 2 Pro. The 11s keyboard also works and the transition does not (original issue).

joewood1972
What's DOS?
Views: 13,810
Message 20 of 30

This happened to me this morning. Keyboard fails every few minutes - very frustrating.

Is it a hardware fault?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors