Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MadhavArvind
What's DOS?
Views: 216
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 Pro Keyboard continuously floods characters in the keyboard buffer

I bought this awesome, lovely and exquisite piece of technology innovation in August 2014.

I have come to India and everyone loves it.

Everything was fine until the last Saturday morning when I was typing an email. I got on a phone call for a while and it went in sleep mode. Pretty normal. I concluded the call and touched the space bar expecting the normal, quick wake up and the login screen. The login screen came up alright, but the password box was already filled. I tried to use backspace to clear the box and I missed a heartbeat! Nothing seemed to happen.

So I force shut it holding the power button and after a minute bring it up again. Same scene!

This has continued. I am going to be in India for a few months. So I checked with Lenovo service centers calling them. And I learn this model is not supported in India. My warrantee is valid, but of no use!

I go to a local dealer, to no avail. I have lost my primary way of communication. Difficult to live this way. Right? SO I buy a toolset (expensive!), open the back cover and disconnect the keyboard cable. I put the cover back and start using it as a tablet only.

It is serving me for now, but cant do this for long. What may be wrong?

My friend is travelling to the US (San Jose) in a couple of weeks. Should I send it with him? Will Lenovo give me a replacement keyboard or whatever part?

I have been a computer professional for 30+ years and used more than 6 laptops so far. Had bought this from my heart. Hate to see it paralysed.

Any advise???

Thank you.

Guru
Views: 203
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Keyboard continuously floods characters in the keyboard buffer

I have this same problem but with my Y510p. It floods the 'Q' character.

The only solution which seems possible is a keyboard replacement (unless the connecting port is damaged, which is highly unlikely). I have ordered a keyboard and it is on the way.

As for your scenario, I would say that if you friend is going to be in US for more than 2 months then it is fine to send it with him for repairs. You could also order a keyboard online and replace it yourself (I ordered on ebay).

Check your manual on lenovo website for supported keyboard part number.

Tip -

To disable a malfunctioning keyboard like yours, you can either disconnect it physically (like you did)

OR

You can go into Control Panel > Device Manager > Keyboards

Select the laptop keyboard and manually install a wrong keyboard driver.

This way the keyboard wont be recognized and wont work.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
MadhavArvind
What's DOS?
Views: 196
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for the help and sharing your experience.
I hope Lenovo gave you the replacement if your system was in warrantee period.
My system warrantee is still valid and I am not sure that I am an expert hardware technician to replace a keyboard or motherboard.
May do it if push comes to shove, but would much rather leave it to the experts.

Guru
Views: 188
Message 4 of 4

lol no, I bought that keyboard off Ebay.

To repair a keyboard I would have to send it to the repair center and I cannot risk them damaging anything else or losing my data. I prefer to handle small/medium repairs myself.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors