cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mmeddens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,579
Message 1 of 16

Yoga 2 Pro - Lenovo energy management freezes when opened and gives security message

I have Lenovo yoga 2 pro with a clean installed Windows 8.1 Pro.

My Lenovo Energy Management doesn't function properly. 

When I open the Energy Manager and click the menu button (the one with 3 dots and 3 stripes) the energy manager freezes and I can't do anything with it. It doesn't let me click any buttons or even close it with the little x. I can only close it from the little task bar icon. 

There is another weird thing, but I don't know wheter it's related: Every time I open the energy manager I get a windows security message from Outlook where I have to fill out my username and password. This only happens if outlook isn't running... This security message dissappears within a few seconds without doing anything, and then for a second another outlook message is displayed that says something about accessing a server... I don't know wheter this is related to whether the energy manager doesn't work, but it seems kind of strange to me...

I tried reinstalling the Energy Manager (v. 1.0.1.49) and tried installing a newer one (v. 1.0.1.51) found here:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/New-energy-manager/td-p/1621514/highlight...

But I keep having the same problem with the security message and the energy manager freezing. 

Does anyone have the same issue or know a way to solve it?

Thanks a lot!

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,577
Message 2 of 16

Re: Yofa 2 Pro - Lenovo energy management freezes when opened and gives security message

Yes, this dumb program also places a hook on outlook and offers it as a sync feature you can disable. Anyhow, install iorbit uninstaller and make sure it removes the registry files associated with the program upon uninstalling. Reboot and reinstall.
mmeddens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,566
Message 3 of 16

Re: Yofa 2 Pro - Lenovo energy management freezes when opened and gives security message

Thanks for you quick reply!

I uninstalled Energy Management using IObit. How do I check if the registry files are removed?

And which version do you recommend reinstalling? the .49 or .51?

Update: I installed the newer version (.51) and the outlook security message doesn't appear anymore. However, the energy manager still freezes when I try to use it. Any fixes for that?

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,556
Message 4 of 16

Uninstall it again. Use the advance option when uninstalling it.

Also if you need help, we can do teamviewer. But it wil have to be quick. 

Also, x.51 fixes the yellow on all power plans.

mmeddens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,550
Message 5 of 16

Where do I find the advanced option? I can't find it in IObit or during the uninstall process...

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,542
Message 6 of 16

When you click uninstall, have it do a deep/advance scan for leftovers.
mmeddens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,536
Message 7 of 16

Found it! I cancelled the 'regular' uninstall dialog and then the advanced option popped up in the IObit uninstall dialog. I did the powerful scan, selected all files and deleted and shredded them and did a restart. 

However, after doing that and reinstalling the .51 version it still freezes when I try to use it Smiley Sad 

Any other suggestion? Or should I just uninstall it and forget about it altogether?

Thanks a lot!

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,532
Message 8 of 16

You  kinda need it to fix the yellow problem the screen has.

mmeddens
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,517
Message 9 of 16

I fixed it!

Actually, teamviewer was causing the problem of it freezing... When looking at the 'frozen' energy manager I noticed the little teamviewer double arrow quick connect icon flickering in the top. When I disabled the teamviewer quick connect button the energy manager immediately 'unfroze' and started working properly!

Thanks for your suggestions!

tudy77
What's DOS?
Views: 2,351
Message 10 of 16

Yaay, this works!!

I was having the same problem, went through installs and uninstalls and everything, and it was indeed TeamViewer that was messing the power manager up. Thanks for the quick fix! Smiley Very Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors