cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idkwia
Serial Port
Views: 275
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro One Key Recovery does not allow me to create a system backup as there is not enough room

I read the User Guide and it explains how to create a system backup by backing up to a partition on the hard drive. So I did as instructed and the system told me that I would need 151GB of space to create the backup up image but I only have 1.5GB spare. Maybe I am missing something but surely there would hardly ever be enough space to perform a backup to a partition on the hard drive for 99% of people so why do Lenovo suggest it?

PS I am aware that I could backup to an external hard drive although I don't have one.

sclexman
Bit Torrent
Views: 237
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro One Key Recovery does not allow me to create a system backup as there is not enough r

The default backup location for OKR is the D drive, which is really small.

Check your \C drive for windows.old leftovers.

You will probably need an external USB-HDD for your backup.

Download Spacesniffer to see why your C drive is 151GB in size.

https://spacesniffer.en.softonic.com/

idkwia
Serial Port
Views: 219
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro One Key Recovery does not allow me to create a system backup as there is not enough r

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. The D drive is indeed too small with only 1.5GB of free space.
I don't really wish to buy or store an external drive so do you know if I could use a Cloud based storage system such as OneDrive?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors