Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Djalil87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,441
Message 1 of 12

Yoga 2 Pro : Proximity Sensor Issue

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing a problem with my 2 days old Y2P. Every time I approach my right hand toward the screen, without even touching it, it goes black and the laptop goes to sleep mode (see the pictures attached for a better idea of the gesture). I have to press the keyboard to turn it on again.

I figured that the system thinks that the screen was closed down and proceds with setting in place which was "sleep mode". I changed the setting of closing the laptop down to "do nothing", the problem is still there but instead of going to sleep mode the screen only goes dark and when a take of my hand the screen goes on again.

I don't know where the proximity sensor is situated or if the detection of the closed laptop is made by the proximity which would a very stupid/cheap way to do that.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Are you guys at Lenovo aware of this issue and is there any fix on the way?

Thank's to let me know if this issue software fixable or not so that I could return my laptop imediatly because it's very inconvegnant for a touch screen laptop.

Thank's in advance for the answers !

In these positions the screen goes black and the laptop goes to sleep mode.

WP_20131210_002 - Copie.jpg

WP_20131210_003 - Copie.jpg

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,413
Message 2 of 12

Re: Yoga 2 Pro : Proximity Sensor Issue

@Djalil97,

My Y2P does not go into sleep mode if i were to do that. If your hand is not touching the screen does it sleep? Mine sleeps correctly.

There is an app in Win that has an icon that shows 4 modes. Ensure that is enabled. You can confirm it on the "Desktop" then at the taskbar there is a small icon showing the modes as well.

If you were to turn it into tablet mode, is there any prompt that you are in tablet mode? I realize it was having issues going into tablet mode when it was out of the box, then I went to the apps area and turn that mode thingy on and it has been fine ever since.

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
lqdchkn
Punch Card
Views: 3,386
Message 3 of 12

I'm curious about all the bracelets on your wrist.  Any of those have a magent or magent in the clasp or anything?  I know there used to be some BBs that would enter sleep mode when they were placed in a holster that had a magnet.  Try it without all the "decorations" and see if there's any change. Smiley Wink

Djalil87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,366
Message 4 of 12

Thx ExJamJus, I Will look at what you propose and get back to you !
Djalil87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,366
Message 5 of 12

Clever thought ! In fact one one my "décorations" as you say has magnet in it I'll try without and let you guys know.
Thank's for the replies.
lqdchkn
Punch Card
Views: 3,334
Message 6 of 12

Djalil87
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 3,310
Message 7 of 12

Indeed it was the magnet in my wrist band. I've just tryed to hold only the magnet over the keyboard and just above the volume buttons IT happend again. So the interaction is magnetic and not luminous.

Thank's Idchkn for the suggestion, problem soved !!!

:-)  

lqdchkn
Punch Card
Views: 3,303
Message 8 of 12

You bet Smiley Happy

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 3,279
Message 9 of 12

Nice .... Good one Iqdchkn

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
artworksmetal
Serial Port
Views: 3,145
Message 10 of 12

This thread made my night. Who'd of thunk it ?

"I always pass on good advice. It is the only thing to do with it. It is never of any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors