Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sjahanmi
Token Ring
Views: 31,795
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 2 Pro -- Replacing the Battery

Just out of curiosity, Im wondering if anyone knows how easy or hard is it to replace the Yoga 2 Pro battery? bc I know in a few years I'll need to get it done, but I wonder if i'll be able to do it myself if I buy the battery from Lenovo/amazon or if Ill need to send it out to someone. Thanks

RickyStiggy
Fanfold Paper
Views: 31,748
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 2 Pro -- Replacing the Battery

Do a Google Search for yoga 2 repair manual.  The service manual is online and shows the steps needed to replace the battery.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 31,708
Message 3 of 6

Sjahami

Are you referring to the Yoga 2 Pro's Hardware Maintenance Manual ?

Page 35 could address your question.

Hope this helped!

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate Messaging
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
Please do not PM me - questions belong in the forums. I will not respond to PMs. Thanks.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

sjahanmi
Token Ring
Views: 31,910
Message 4 of 6

thanks!

sniper190
Punch Card
Views: 23,992
Message 5 of 6

Sorry to bring up this old thread, do you know if we can order the battery directly from support (FRU #12150016)? If so, do we know how much it costs?

Catharine
What's DOS?
Views: 20,847
Message 6 of 6

The battery has failed in our yoga2 after only 6 months 😩

We've been told by the retailer (John Lweis, uk), and Lenovo themselves, that our only option is to send the laptop to Germany to have the battery replaced. As an added extra they'll also wipe all of our data and reset our machine to factory settings, and the whole process could take up to a month - grrr.

I asked whether we could get a computer repair shop to replace rhe battery instead without voiding the warranty and was told by Lenovo Yes in principle - if they were prepared to send us a battery which they won't. So no joy there.

All in all I'm super unimpressed with the whole thing.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors