Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stewarrh
What's DOS?
Views: 4,145
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 2 Pro SD slot not working

Hi all,

I have a Yoga 2 Pro with Windows 8.1 Pro and the SD card slot is not working.  Reloaded the drivers, tried different SD cards and still can't get it to work.  Nothing shows up in disk management, its like the card slot doesn't exist.

Tried a bunch of things with Lenovo tech support, but no solution.  Any ideas before I have to send it back to Lenovo and be down a laptop for 10 days?

Thanks in advance for your help!

acvyse
Punch Card
Views: 4,135
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 2 Pro SD slot not working

Uninstall drivers and instead of installing drivers from the Lenovo website, just reboot windows and let windows handle the installation. See if that helps. Also check device manager to make sure there are no warnings on that specific device.

Also check the SD card..make sure it is not in the "Locked" position. The reader would not be able to read it if it is locked.
jackbarry
Paper Tape
Views: 4,029
Message 3 of 7

I have the same problem and the device and drivers don't even show up when I bring up Device Manager.  It's like they have just disappeared and obviously I can't read or write an SD card or anything that looks like an SD Card(like my  camera).....I am at a loss about where to go.

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,027
Message 4 of 7

@jackbarry,

I assume you tested different cards. Try doing a factory restore, then try again, if that doesn't help then contact support to get it checked

*Non Lenovo employee*

I have a Y530 ... Feel free to highlight any post which you have posted on the forum to me if no one have chimed in.
jackbarry
Paper Tape
Views: 4,026
Message 5 of 7

Won't a factory restore wipe out all my data and installed applications?

cwickstrom
Paper Tape
Views: 3,527
Message 6 of 7

I experienced the same problem today.  After trying many things, I noticed that my card wanted to go in at an angle, so I made sure that it went in straight and my computer still wouldn't recognize the card.  Then I pulled it out and allowed it to go in at an angle and Voila! Success!  Actually, the card didn't really go in at an angle, but it seemed to be pointing a little downward initially and when I pushed it in (gently), it seemed to flatten out.

My conclusion?  My slot must be wearing out after about one year of use.  The connectors ust weren't making contact properly.  I suspect that as time goes on I will have more and more trouble with this slot until I have to start using an external card reader.

D000D
Punch Card
Views: 1,298
Message 7 of 7

I started having problems reading SD cards in my reader. After inserting the SD card Windows would say the card needed to be formatted. If I tried to reformat the process would fail. I tried reading the card in a different computer and it would work without any problems. I finally examined the slot and noticed that two of the pins were bent. I'm nearly certain that is causing the problem. I'm going to see if I can bend the pins back into place. If that fails I guess I will need to try and replace the reader.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors