Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryoung151
Paper Tape
Views: 4,541
Message 1 of 6

Yoga 2 Pro - Screen Flickers

I bought a Yoga 2 Pro in Dec 2014 - for months now the screen will flicker off and on several times then come back on. Has anyone else had this problem and is there a fix or is this a flaw.

Thanks

ryoung151

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 4,508
Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Screen Flickers

Welcome to the forums!

Although uncommon, the ribbon cable which connects to the display can occasionally come loose after opening and closing for years. I have seen this issue with all brands and makes.

Unfortunately, most of the teardown instructions are videos. If you feel comfortable working on the unit, you can check the connection on the motherboard and display side. Optionally, any local computer shop should be willing to check this out for you.

Good luck!

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
ryoung151
Paper Tape
Views: 4,494
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I have a contract with the Geek Squad, I will take it in and have that checked.

BillM4
What's DOS?
Views: 1,941
Message 4 of 6

I had this screen flickering problem on my Yoga 2 Pro but only when running on battery, the flickering would cease immediately upon connecting the power cord.  I'd tried several "solutions" upon reading up on the problem to no avail. My computer is under warrantee and I contacted the Lenovo warrantee people last week. A Lenovo technician remotely examined my computer and solved the problem (no flickering all week on battery power!).  Here's what he did:  1. Disabled the Panel self refresh option; 2. Enabled adaptive brightness; 3. Updated the bios firmware.  hope yyou find this helpful.

doctorgrid
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 5 of 6

I had the same screnn flickering problem after upgrading directly to W10 1803 from W8.1 when unit was running on battery. Battery bightness set to 70%. The current Intel HD driver for the Intel HD video was verion ? dated as released in 2017. Went to  web site for Lenovo 2 Pro drivers and downloaded and installed the Lenovo video driver for Windows 10 64 bit..    Lenov Yoga 2 Proo Intel HD video driver

If link deos not work the URL address is: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/il/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downl...

You will get a warning that a newer version of driver is installed, do you want overwrite newer version. Click Yes to install over the older version. After installing the Lenovo driver, display adapter was listed in Device Manager as Intel HD Graphics Family version 10.18.15.4240, released 6/6/2015.  This fixed the flasher problem for me. Hope thos works for you.

BillM4
What's DOS?
Views: 375
Message 6 of 6

No!  What solved it, at least in my case, was an update of the BIOS after a major Windows update. The BIOS should have updated automatically during the Windows update but it hadn't. My computer was under warrantee so I had the Lenovo warrantee people remotely access my computer and solve the problem. In my case it wasn't the graphics driver that needed updating.

This has now happened to me two separate times, both times updating the BIOS fixed the problem.  The last time it occurred I took good notes. The BIOS was updaated from 76CN31WW dated 10/31/13 (the old BIOS) to 76CN43WW dated 3/30/15 (the new BIOS).

Hope that you find this helpful.

Bill

Top Kudoed Authors