Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swordams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 373
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro Slow When Lid is Closed

I'm using a Yoga 2 Pro with an external monitor via HDMI. It works fine when the lid is open, whether the display is extended, cloned or second screen only. However, as soon as I close the lid, the system gets very slow and I experience redraw issues. I think it may be with the way the graphics card handles the monitor's resolutions.

I do not have room on my desk to open the lid, so I need a solution so I can work with my external monitor and the lid closed. Thank you.

swordams
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 259
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Slow When Lid is Closed

I haven't gotten a response, so I thought I would clarify:

The system works fine when in "second screen only". However, as soon as I close the lid to the laptop, I get a tremendous lag in performace and severe redraw issues. I think the issue comes from Windows treating the second screen as the primary monitor, and the resolution doesn't match the settings of the laptop's native screen. Any workarounds?

AmyE99
What's DOS?
Views: 83
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Slow When Lid is Closed

I had the same problem and after searching for answers, I found the one that works for me.  Disable the YMC service.  As soon as I stopped it, I was able to close the lid and no lag on my monitors.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors