Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dan5505
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,941
Message 1 of 10

Yoga 2 Pro Static/Noise in Headphone Jack

Hi Guys,

For the Yoga 2 Pro owners out there, how much static do you have in your headphone jack?  I am loving everything about this laptop except for some noticeable static at low volumes and some backlight bleeding at the bottom of the screen.  I have tried two different headsets, my Senheiser HD 280 Pros and my Etymotic earbuds.

I am curious how everyone elses behaves.  If this is normal I can probably live with it.  If I am the only one, I may get it replaced.  Build date 11/06/2013, purchased from Lenovo's website.

Thanks,

Dan

dan5505
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,911
Message 2 of 10

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Static/White Noise in Headphone Jack

Just wanted to add a little bit more detail to this. I just experienced the problem where you plug in your headphones but the audio stops playing. When I plugged the headphones in, there is no noise in the line. Perfectly clean. When I mute and unmute from the keyboard, the audio starts playing again, along with the static.

I have the default format set to 24 bits, 192000 Hz. The static noise is present in all options but at 24 bits, 44100 Hz I also get a slight whistle. This plus the mute/unmute fix leads me to believe this is a software issue. If it were a ground issue, I would expect it to always be present?
dan5505
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,935
Message 3 of 10

One more update.  I may have solved my problem.  I uninstalled the realtek driver and now the line is clean, no noise.  It reverted back to the windows driver, which seems just as good or better than the realtek one.

Alci
Paper Tape
Views: 7,875
Message 4 of 10

static is mostly caused by mic input (unplugged). Disabling it almost everytime helped me. Realtec detects plug and unplug of devices and sets channels properly so it's quite possible it turns the mic on as it cannot tell because of one jack.

wassermine
Paper Tape
Views: 7,786
Message 5 of 10

You're right: the noise is now gone. But after I deinstalled the realtek driver, my laptop speakers are not working anymore... When I unplug the headphone, and play music, windows shows that audio is played (you can see it in the equalizer..) but I can't here anything, even on 100% volume level

What have you done, to solve this?

dan5505
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,749
Message 6 of 10

I haven't had this problem since uninstalling the realtek driver.  Does the sound come back if you mute and unmute from the keyboard?

wassermine
Paper Tape
Views: 7,733
Message 7 of 10

In the meantime I found a solution: The first times, I always used the software removal function from Windows -> Programs in the control panel. The last time I removed the audio device in the device manager directly, I was asked, if I would like to remove the audio software, too - I confirmed and now everything works so far.

Thanks for your shared hints ;-)

But I'm still thinking about to send my laptop back, because we can expect more for such a price, LENOVO!! I definitely won't recommend your product to other people.

ericben
What's DOS?
Views: 7,302
Message 8 of 10

Thank you so much! It worked for me too... Saved me a call to technical support!
iamwhoiam12345
What's DOS?
Views: 6,241
Message 9 of 10

Registered just to give this thumbs up. It was annoying having an expensive laptop and headphones and having to listen to your phone because the quality was so bad from the static. thanks for sharing !

miltonthecat
What's DOS?
Views: 6,201
Message 10 of 10

I also registered just to say thanks - your solution worked for me too. Removing the Realtek driver did the trick, with no noticeable side effects.
Top Kudoed Authors