Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SidewinderX
Paper Tape
Views: 68,289
Message 1 of 21

Yoga 2 Pro Stylus

Hi All,

I'm considering purchasing a Yoga 2 Pro (although I'm fairly concerned about the yellow color issue...). I was curious about how well the Y2P behaves with a stylus -- I may be interested in taking notes with OneNote or Evernote while in tablet mode and I was curious how well it behaves. I understand it doesn't function with an active stylus (?) -- are the "cheap" stylus pens pretty effective?

Thanks!

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 67,992
Message 2 of 21

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Stylus

stylus as in those used on iPad? or you mean those wacom digitiser stylus?
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
SidewinderX
Paper Tape
Views: 67,882
Message 3 of 21

Well, either one? I didn't think the wacom active styluses (stylli?) were compatible with the yoga 2 pro?

SidewinderX
Paper Tape
Views: 67,471
Message 4 of 21

Nobody using a stylus with the yoga 2?

Highlighted
rblue
Punch Card
Views: 67,455
Message 5 of 21

I picked up a Boxwave "evertouch capacitive stylus" from Amazon.  Has a fine metal mesh tip about the size of the end of your pinkie (little finger).  So a kind of fat tip - definitely not fine.  

It works on the Yoga 2 Pro screen.  Works well for scrolling, doodling in Fresh Paint, etc.   Hard to use with Chrome - I think that's Chrome's fault, its touch UI interface is not great (even playing with settings in chrome://flags).

Please post if you find a finer stylus that works

http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-EverTouch-Capacitive-iPad-Stylus/dp/B000ETU944/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=...

tcj
Punch Card
Views: 67,421
Message 6 of 21

I bought the Jot Pro and it works fine on my Y2P.  It's the closest thing you'll get to a precision line on a non-wacom screen.  Crappy part is it keeps picking up my palm.  Are you really supposed to not rest your palm on the screen when you write?  Who the heck writes like that?  

arcataroger
Punch Card
Views: 66,594
Message 7 of 21

FYI, about Chrome, the Beta channel has a fix for the touch issues. The Windows 8.1 update broke its HiDPI touch zones, but the Beta update makes it work again.
jduffy3124
Paper Tape
Views: 65,536
Message 8 of 21

I borrowed a Targus my wife was using with her Ipad. Works just fine. Now I am looking for a finer version, but expect no issues.

bit101
Punch Card
Views: 65,485
Message 9 of 21

I have a Bamboo stylus I picked up at Staples. Made for iPad or other touch screens. Works just fine for what it is. 

vlangs
Serial Port
Views: 65,447
Message 10 of 21

@tcj wrote:

I bought the Jot Pro and it works fine on my Y2P.  It's the closest thing you'll get to a precision line on a non-wacom screen.  Crappy part is it keeps picking up my palm.  Are you really supposed to not rest your palm on the screen when you write?  Who the heck writes like that?  

well something with a proper digitizer would have palm detection

but the y2p isn't meant to be used with a pen

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors