Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 9 (11,199 Views)

Yoga 2 Pro - Switching Modes Causes Screen to slow down/Lag

[ Edited ]

Sometimes when I am playing back video via online streaming (Youtube, streaming, HBO on demand, Netflix), when I switch out of the normal laptop mode to the tent or stand mode or tablet mode, the video lags and i have to put it back to laptop mode so it will stop lagging.

In addition, sometimes I notice in tablet mode, the computer/internet runes slower than in laptop mode.

Anyone else see these issues?

What's DOS?
Message 2 of 9 (11,136 Views)

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Switching Modes Causes Screen to slow down/Lag

[ Edited ]

Same here, if i'm watching something on youtube and decide to move things to tent or any other mode, runs slow, this includes netflix etc....

I have tried this in both browser and in the windows app versions on multiple occasions, and have the exact same issue, video slows to a crawl and moving thru sites is super slow. I really would like to use the laptop in all the different configurations but with these issues i'm stuck in laptop mode all the time. Is there some option i'm missing that fixes this?

Also for some reason in firefox at defualt res font on sites are super small, you tube being the absolute worst. The video menu's are so tiny its downright impossible to click on the options. I tried all the troubleshooting I could find on the wed to fix it but nothing works. I had to switch fully over to chrome (which had no issues at all with scaling) but not a big fan of chrome.

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 9 (11,117 Views)

[ Edited ]

Seeing the same thing, laptop mode seems fine, changing to another mode makes things (everything) slow down to a crawl. Mousepointer stutters, webpages load very slow, dragging windows slow etc.

Yet CPU and other resources stay low. I updated to latest bios and drivers from Lenovo site. (as of 19-nov-2013). Will try to investigate more details. 

Punch Card
Message 4 of 9 (11,101 Views)

Go into your BIOS and turn of DPTF. Smiley Happy

Token Ring
Message 5 of 9 (11,094 Views)

[ Edited ]

Indeed, everyone has these issues and it has been discussed a half-dozen times here.

The advice to go into the BIOS and durn off the Dynamic Platform & Thermal Framework feture is known to solve the problem without anyone reporting any other negative effects as far as I know. It fixed it for me.

However, there's always a chance that turning off this feature in the BIOS will disable some other functionality that, while perhaps invisible, might still be beneficial in terms of power and thermal management, nut again nobody has reported any issues yet.

Z.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 9 (11,079 Views)

How do I go into the Bios and turn off DPTF then?

Punch Card
Message 7 of 9 (11,067 Views)

Turn off your machine. Instead of powering back up using the regular power button, press the tiny circular button right next to the main power button. This will boot you into the BIOS.

From there, find the DPTF option (I believe it is the second tab from the left, last item at the bottom) and disable it. Save and restart.

Very simple. As already stated, this has been covered in several places already. It's a good life skill to be able to research things instead of having them spoonfed to you. Smiley Happy
What's DOS?
Message 8 of 9 (8,780 Views)

THANK UUUUUUUUUU VERY MUCH

THANK U

THANK U

THANK U

THANKU

I WILL NOT FORGET THAT 😘😘😚😘😚

What's DOS?
Message 9 of 9 (2,427 Views)

[ Edited ]

updating drivers in device manager (for all 3) for dptf did it for me.

There is some settings you can adjust under the advanced power settings for dptf that can be tweaked as well. the only thing i changed after updating the drivers was changing the fan from passive to active in tablet mode.

Top Kudoed Authors