Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kirillaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,934
Message 21 of 34

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Tablet Mode Extremely Slow on Win 10

Stopping YMC just brought out BSOD on Windows 10!

Rebooting and stopping it again worked fine but as far as I could tell, keyboard is now still working in all modes but Tablet, and touchpad is also still working in all modes but Tablet, more then that - two fingers tap (TwoFingerScroll app function) countinues working even in tablet mode.

pmhoppe
Paper Tape
Views: 4,921
Message 22 of 34

After reading additional information in this thread, I have re-enabled the YMC service and disabled DPTF in BIOS. Now all modes of operation function as they should. As I understand it there will be some battery consumption issues in doing this but for me it is workable. Again, thanks to all that contribute!

kirillaz
Fanfold Paper
Views: 4,914
Message 23 of 34

Disabling DFTP solves the problem finally. Thank you!!
Norabella
What's DOS?
Views: 4,561
Message 24 of 34

I have had an almost unusable Yoga 2 in tablet mode since the upgrade to Win10. (Why did I do it???) I just got done updating ALL of the device drivers in Device Manager. It's like I have my old machine back! Yay!

I started with the Intel DPTF devices, which were in System Devices. I also focussed on anything with "Intel" in it. After I updated them (one at a time, with a few restarts), DPTF devices moved to their own section in Device Manager. I checked updates on them again, and a couple of them moved back to System Devices. It seemed to me that there was a lot of random moving. I then updated every single device driver, including all the Intel ones again. A few restarts and re-updating, until I was convinced that I had the latest on everything.

I now have my Yoga in my favorite desk setup: in tablet mode with screen sticking up, in front of an external large monitor, and plugged into a USB hub. The Yoga is as fast as ever. Heaven. Thank you all for sending me down the path of DPTF.

sullivanpt
Paper Tape
Views: 4,440
Message 25 of 34

Thanks, manually clicking 'update driver' on the three DPTF drivers in device manager seems to have solved the laggy performance in tablet mode for me.  It currently says 8/7/2015 8.1.10603.192

sullivanpt
Paper Tape
Views: 4,418
Message 26 of 34

Also seems to have resolved my sluggishness after resuming from sleep. Awesome!
Highlighted
jaredbaszler
Paper Tape
Views: 4,232
Message 27 of 34

My issues seem to get much, much better afer I did the following:

1. Downloaded and installed the latest DPTF driver I could find.  It is lists that it is for ThinkPad Helix but it will install just fine on any machine.  http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds104368

2. Uninstalled Lenovo Transitions via Add/Remove programs in control panel.  

I was able to actually use my computer in both tent and tablet mode right after I completed these steps.  So far, so good.

EDIT: I also then proceeded to "Update Driver Software" as mentioned above and got an even more recent driver than I posted.  

nreis
What's DOS?
Views: 3,774
Message 28 of 34

Disabling YMC service fixed this on my Yoga 2 Pro. Nice job!

apolicastro
What's DOS?
Views: 3,090
Message 29 of 34

l disabled DPTF on my Yoga 2 Pro and my computer works again in tent and tablet mode. 

azznas
What's DOS?
Views: 2,783
Message 30 of 34

which DPTF feature should I disable? There are four options on task manager

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors