Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sbanders27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 26,912
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 2 Pro Tent Mode/Mode Switch Issues

Hi,

I can't get my lenovo yoga 2 pro to go into tent mode. In fact, the screen won't even do a full 180 degree flip, but it will do a 90 degree flip to vertical (so I know the screen flip is working to a degree). Further, when switching to tablet mode, it says that it is in stand mode.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Spencer

cobbv19
What's DOS?
Views: 26,731
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Tent Mode/Mode Switch Issues

My Yoga 2 Pro will no longer rotate the picture on the screen when it changes between modes, specifically, tent mode. The little window messages come up telling me the mode but the screen does not respond to the current mode. Need assistance. Thanks.

ingret9
What's DOS?
Views: 26,702
Message 3 of 14

My screens was switching between the modes without any problems yesterday but now it is stuck in "portrait mode" when I switch it to tent but have it positioned for "landscape".

cobbv19
What's DOS?
Views: 26,691
Message 4 of 14

Turns out there is a screen lock position button on the side. You might have pressed it by accident....that's what I did.
ingret9
What's DOS?
Views: 26,684
Message 5 of 14

Thanks. That was it.

sbanders27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 26,626
Message 6 of 14

Just an fyi - this solution did not work for me. The screen isn't locked. Anyone have any tips?
sbanders27
Blue Screen Again
Views: 26,603
Message 7 of 14

Screen Autorotate issues Yoga 2 Pro

So my last post was flagged as solved even though it wasn't. My screen won't auto rotate to tent or tablet mode; only works smoothly from stand and laptop modes. Could this be a hardware sensor issue or a software issue? I have installed all the newest drivers.

Thomo1964
What's DOS?
Views: 26,295
Message 8 of 14

i had this problem out of the box.  The sensor which tells the Yoga which mode it is in and which way up was not working properly so that the screen was at 90 degrees to the right way up and it said tent when in tablet; laptop in tablet etc.  Researched it and saw that someone had resolved it by installaing Windows updates - but couldnt get Windows Update to work - it either found no updates or failed on install.

I found that I needed to install updated drivers from the Lenovo support site (not sure which one did it, but it included a BIOS update, display driver and others), which then allowed Windows update to work.  Installed all outstanding updates and it now senses correctly.

LakeDesire
What's DOS?
Views: 25,972
Message 9 of 14

I'm having this problem too.  My screen won't flip when I'm in tent mode even though the computer knows it is in tent mode.  I did not turn off rotation via the button on the side.  My drivers are up-to-date.

davidnorthcraft
What's DOS?
Views: 25,118
Message 10 of 14

I too am having this same issue with my Yoga 11s. Will not switch to tent mode. Any solutions out there?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors