01-18-2014 09:50 AM
I've had no problems with my yoga 2 pro for over a month, but last night I decided to do windows updates. This is the model with the i7, and 8gb of ram. I let it update and then restarted it. After it started up, I tried to swipe the cover screen up, but nothing was happening. I then decided to use the mouse, and soon realized that the touch screen was unresponsive. I've tried to restore the computer to before the updates, but it hasn't fixed the problem. I can still switch to tablet and stand mode, etc. and the screen will rotate, but I can not get the touch screen to respond to anything. I tried to install some drivers, but none of them are for the touch screen as far as I know, and nothing else seems to work. Does anyone know a fix, or maybe know of a driver I need to install?
01-18-2014 11:51 AM
Try refreshing Windows which fixes 90% of OS issues. Swipe from the right (Charm bar), Settings, Change PC settings, Update and Recovery, Recovery and choose Refresh Windows.
03-08-2014 12:02 PM
I've been running into this issue too on my Yoga2 Pro. I've been doing some research and for older Yoga models, it seemed to be a USB power issue, where the system might not have enough power to go around and it'll just disable the touchscreen.
Have you plugged in any USB devices lately? For me, I've been plugging in my fitbit to charge and worry that might be the issue,. In fact, the touchscreen crapped out on me 2 weeks ago and came back, and when I plugged my fitbit last night, the touchscreen died this morning.
Some solutions I've found online (that haven't worked for me, but worked for others in the older models):
- System restore
- Hard rebooting: Either typing in "shutdown /s" in the command prompt or holding down the power button for 10s. Apparently doing this multiple times helped.
- Unchecking "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power" To do this, open up Device Manager > Human Interface Devices and open up the drivers under that, for ones that have a power management tab, uncheck the checkbox. I also did this for the USB controllers in Device Manager as well.
- Disabling some services
Anyways, let me know if you are still having this problem. I haven't been able to find a ton of forum posts about Yoga2 Pros so it'd be good to compile all our knowledge in one area. There seem to be a lot of resources here for older models:
Hope that helps! Let me know if you find anything that worked for you.
04-20-2014 01:47 PM
Hello - Hard Reboot helped immediately! Touchscreen of my Yoga 2 pro stopped working after plugging in and out external USB disk drive (Seagate Wireless Plus) several times; first try of "shutdown /s" brought it back to life. Thanks a lot for your hint!
08-21-2014 01:58 AM
Sorry that you are having this issue. Do you know what might have caused this at least? Did you plug in any USB devices recently or does the touchscreen disable after you plug it in? Did you install any programs recently? Do you have the most updated drivers? Do you leave it on long enough for it to go into sleep mode?
Btw, you should check out this other thread here:
Some people got it working by uninstalling recently installed software, updating video card drivers, and others have just had to get it replaced.
If none of the uninstalls, updates, drivers stuff works, I would do the following (like the others have said in this list), but please be careful (stuff might break):
- Do a system restore (to a point where it worked before)
- If that doesn't work, do a windows refresh
- If that doesn't work, I'd call Lenovo and see what tech support can do to help. They will try to update stuff for you and if that doesn't work, they will literally try to reset your computer basically to factory settings (Lenovo actually has their own program that tries to reset stuff)
- If that doesn't work, and you can't live without a touchscreen, I'd call up Lenovo or if you are still on the phone with them, get them to replace it. They handle all the shipping and while it sucks to not have it for a couple of weeks, you at least get the computer you paid for.
Ultimately, what happened to me was that none of the little tricks worked. System restore didn't work. Windows refresh didn't work. Then I called them and they basically told me to do the same things. This time though, during the refresh, some bug happened where it screwed up the refresh so I couldn't even start Windows anymore and it bricked my computer. Then they even had me go through the Lenovo refresh thingy which didn't work. At the end, I ended up shipping it back to them to fix and I think they basically just gave me a new Yoga 2 Pro. The whole process sucked, but at least now my touchscreen works and I never plug my fitbit into the USB port anymore.
Hope that helps.
03-23-2015 07:05 AM
I use yoga 2 pro with windows 8.1
i've updated all drivers for lenovo's official website.
Right now every time I turn on the computer a different thing happens, once the touchscreen works and sometimes not.
04-09-2016 09:41 AM
I had this problem for a long time and I realized I had an option checked in the settings which was:
change the size of apps, text, and other items on the screen.
located at: settings>PC and devices> display
I unchecked the box and did a hard restart
shutdown -s in cmd
and all the problems were solved