Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

10 Posts

12-10-2013

Paris, France

42 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 11 of 86

Re: Yoga 2 Pro TouchPad Deselects Selection Immediately

2014-01-28, 18:39 PM

Hi everyone lets add a page to this topic. I have the same probleme. I hope a driver update will be soon available !!!

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 12 of 86

2014-01-28, 19:08 PM

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Options

21 Posts

01-27-2014

Americ

45 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 13 of 86

2014-01-28, 22:11 PM
That's actually not the issue... Could be a workaround for some people though.
Options

21 Posts

01-27-2014

Americ

45 Signins

124 Page Views

• Message 14 of 86

2014-01-31, 18:13 PM

I think I found a partial solution.  

- After you double-tap with one finger, count literally 3 seconds

- Then drag

So far it is working without fail for me, but I'll update if I learn anything else.  Actually I've gotten it down to counting 1 second after the double-tap, but you should start with 3 seconds.

I had previously suspected that the issue was a timing interval problem (e.g. the driver has to distinguish between single and double taps based on how quickly they come), so I played around with the speed of double tap setting, but that didn't actually help.  

But the 3-second rule suggests that a double-tap-drag that is too quick is being misinterpreted by the driver.  I don't have any brilliant insights beyond that so far.

Let me know if the 3-second approach works for you.

Options

2 Posts

02-01-2014

Oxford

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 15 of 86

2014-02-01, 13:54 PM

I've been having the exact same problem, has anyone else noticed that you also can't tap to click just after a key has been pressed?

There aren't any settings related to this either.. the closest is palmcheck which disables mouse movement during and after typing (I have this turned off but doesn't solve the problem).

I've tried downloading other drivers which work, but you always lose something important, e.g. right click.

Does anyone have an email address where we can report these issues?

Options

21 Posts

01-27-2014

Americ

45 Signins

124 Page Views

• Message 16 of 86

2014-02-01, 17:43 PM

Regarding inability to tap to click after typing (is that what you mean?)

- You have to adjust this in the Win 8.1 settings menu

- Just click on the bottom-left-corner Windows icon then type "mouse" and click on "mouse and touchpad settings"

- You'll see settings for delay after typing.  Make it "no delay" or "short delay"

Regarding the problem with text deselcting/ unselecting:

- See my post above about double tapping, waiting 3 seconds, then dragging to select.

Options

48 Posts

11-27-2013

UK

133 Signins

765 Page Views

• Views: 765
  • Message 17 of 86

2014-02-01, 17:48 PM

(got beaten to it, see above!) Regarding the inability to use the touchpad shortly after typing, this can be controlled via Windows 8 Change PC Settings --> Devices and Printers --> Mouse and Touchpad --> Touchpad, select "No delay" from the drop down.

If you want to raise the main issue of this thread (a click incorrectly being raised following a drag) you'll have to call them. The phone details are under the Support section of this website, Warranty and Services, Call Support Center. I have already called them and since heard nothing so am going to chase them up one more time. However, I'm beginning to get the impression that Lenovo's premium products with premium pricing, are not matched with premium service, or much service at all for that matter. If this proves to be the case I won't be buying a Lenovo product again.

Options

2 Posts

02-01-2014

Oxford

4 Signins

22 Page Views

• Views: 22
  • Message 18 of 86

2014-02-01, 19:24 PM

I already had "No Delay" as the setting, the problem is not that the touchpad is completely unusable after typing but that the first tap after typing is not registered unless I move the cursor pre-tap and post-type. The second tap is almost always registered.

In response to meticulous about the waiting before dragging.. It does seem to work. I've also noticed doing the opposite, that is clicking and dragging instantly and waiting 3 seconds at the end of the text before releasing seems to give a lower than normal success rate.. maybe there's a clue there, maybe I'm just imagining it.

Andrew, if you do call them again, would you be so kind as to share what they tell you on here? Thanks.

Options

21 Posts

01-27-2014

Americ

45 Signins

124 Page Views

• Message 19 of 86

2014-02-01, 19:28 PM

Here's another piece of the puzzle: this problem is very much related to the pointer speed selected.  I'm guessing that most people having this problem went into the Control Panel and cranked up the pointer speed as high as it goes.  If you turn it down to as slow as possible, the deselction rarely occurs.  I went into the registy and doubled the max pointer speed, and the deselection occurred about 100% of the time.

The reasons behind this problem are is gradually coming into focus but I haven't put the full picture together yet.  Something like...: After a double tap the driver is waiting for the next event within a small time window to determine if it's really a double tap or some other event.  If the pointer speed is set to "fast," a quick drag and finger-up is interpreted some other event within that time window.  If one double taps then delays a few seconds, the driver knows that just a double tap has occurred then can correctly interpret subsequent events. 

I think it will at least be feasible to figure out why this is happening.  There are a lot of registry settings, so I'm slightly optimistic that some registry tweak could solve it...

Options

21 Posts

01-27-2014

Americ

45 Signins

124 Page Views

• Message 20 of 86

2014-02-01, 19:38 PM
"I've also noticed doing the opposite, that is clicking and dragging instantly and waiting 3 seconds at the end of the text before releasing seems to give a lower than normal success rate.. "

Interesting... Yes, I think you are right. That probably is another valuable clue!
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms