Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CustomGT
What's DOS?
Views: 4,546
Message 1 of 19

Yoga 2 Pro Touchpad Buttons - Any tips?

Hello,

I am coming from a Lenovo T61, and I LOVED the touchpad and buttons on that laptop.

I do not like not having physical left and right click buttons, I do know you can click on the bottom left and right of the trackpad to achieve this but it sucks because I like to leave my thumb on the left click button while I use the track pad with my pointer, but the left click button area will also move the mouse cursor so my thumb moves it when I try to click and half the time the pointer moves before the button is pressed all the way.

Can you disable the trackpad where the left and right click buttons are?

If that is not doable, I guess I am going to have to cave in on tapping Smiley Sad I've always had issues with that on laptops, tapping things while I am moving around.

I was thinking, maybe I can set 2 finger tap for left click and 3 finger tap for right click? How can I do that?

vlangs
Serial Port
Views: 4,467
Message 2 of 19

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Touchpad Buttons - Any tips?

coming from x220t I have this same issue...losing the trackpoint was huge but slowly getting over it.

I'd like to see two fingers plus click for right click though, that's be nice
ramk13
Punch Card
Views: 4,463
Message 3 of 19

Install the updated drivers directly from Synaptics and you'll have a bunch more options, some of which you are asking about. I just got my Y2P yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to fully explore the options,but there are more than in the version that ships with the laptop.

http://www.synaptics.com/resources/drivers

qmimar
Paper Tape
Views: 2,551
Message 4 of 19

I have the same problem, and simply cannot find the resolution. Does anyone know how to disable trackpad on buttons area?
indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,548
Message 5 of 19

Wait, I don't have my physical mouse buttons disabled, however, I never use it.

The trackpad works with light singe tap (left) and 2 finger tap (right). no need to click down on the bottom buttons.

Please explain the question better.

Manic5150
Paper Tape
Views: 2,521
Message 6 of 19

How can he explain it better?  I am having similar problems with the trackpad movement over mouse buttons.  How do you disable the movement on mouse buttons.  What is the use of having buttons when it moves as you click.  Very inaccurate.  Last day before my return policy expires and if I can't get this to disable within the next 4 hours, I will have no choice but to return the lenovo yoga pro2.    

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,507
Message 7 of 19

Maybe it is clear for someone with the prob. But unless I see a video, my sleep deprived brain can't see it.

For what I can see, sensitivity my be something to look at.

Also,I love the generic drivers.

Manic5150
Paper Tape
Views: 2,502
Message 8 of 19

In standard laptops the mouse buttons are prominent.  The Yoga Pro 2 has embedded mouse buttons and you can move the mouse while on the buttons. When clicking the button, the trackpad signals movement thus causing the cursor to move an inch off its mark.  I am about to wipe the hardrive and return the darn thing.  

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,499
Message 9 of 19

@Manic5150 wrote:

I am about to wipe the hardrive and return the darn thing.  

You stating this is not gonna make anyone jumps through hoops to help you any faster. I don't care if you keep the computer or not. The only people that should care is Lenovo and if that is what you are looking for, you are barking up the wrong tree. The fact of the matter is that this computer comes with no post sales support.

That said, now that I understand the problem:

Untitled.png

Again, I don't care what you do. If you do return it, be sure to use a nucking program if you already have sensitive info. Just note the last time I used it on the Yoga, it took 3 hours. So work quickly. Then again, it depends on the live ISO you use.

PS. I run the generic driver. 

Manic5150
Paper Tape
Views: 2,484
Message 10 of 19

Hey Indest,

Thanks for the info and I appreciate your help.  Just a frustrated user trying to work faster on my new laptop.  The screen shot you provided appears to be different than the one I am looking at.  I tried to update the driver from Synaptics, but it didn't work.  In any event, I am taking your advice and doing a complete format of my hardrive.  May be they can show me how at Best Buy and I just might keep it.  I really like the keyboard and display.  

Cheers,

Manic

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors