09-03-2015

San Francisco

1 Signins

11 Page Views

• Views: 11
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 Pro - Touchpad scroll issues in Chrome after Windows 10 upgrade

2015-09-03, 22:16 PM

So since the Windows 10 update my 2-finger scroll on the touchpad on my Yoga 2 Pro sucks. Sometimes it will work to scroll down for a first swipe then when I pick my fingers up to keep srolling it wont scroll at all. Then I cant get to to scroll anymore after that. It sometimes acts like ti wants to zoom and gives this werid cursor on the screen, but it doesnt do anything.

This is super annyoing and now I either have to click and scroll or hit the arrors to scroll. It only seems to be an issue in Chrome. MSOffice programs seem to work fine.

Is anyone else experienceing this?

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Options

42 Posts

11-17-2009

AE

95 Signins

529 Page Views

• Views: 529
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Touchpad scroll issues in Chrome after Windows 10 upgrade

2015-09-04, 10:33 AM

HI,

I have the same problem, (thats why I am on the forum today).

first thank you for the Chrome hint, I acutally thought it was in all (yea i mostly use chrome and i rarely use the toouchpad) 

sometimes you can scroll 1 time/scroll, then it stops. i tried with other apps all ok

I am using Chrome 46.0.2490.13 currently, but the problem has been there since (at least) I upgraded to windows end of July.

Options

142 Posts

01-01-2014

georgia

463 Signins

4214 Page Views

• Views: 4214
  • Message 3 of 4

2015-09-04, 13:19 PM

What touchpad driver version do you have installed? What display resolution/scaling are you using?

I don't have this issue but there are things I would try if I did (not all of them necessarly, but in this order. If the problem is resolved then stop)

1. Go into touchpad settings and reapply defaults, restart

2. Disable two zoom in the touchpad settings, restart

3. Apply a different Chrome theme such as the classic blue theme, I have seen reports where the theme caused/reset issues

4. Go into the registry and rename

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults\AppProfiles-save\Google Chrome

to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults\AppProfiles-save\Google Chrome-save

and restart

5. Uninstall the synaptics driver and either let windows update install a new one or install the one from the Yoga 2 pro download site (they are both the same version). 

6. Change my display resolution to something like 204xx1152

Options

42 Posts

11-17-2009

AE

95 Signins

529 Page Views

• Views: 529
  • Message 4 of 4

2015-09-06, 7:27 AM

What touchpad driver version do you have installed? What display resolution/scaling are you using?

Synamtics clickpad 8.1, Lenovo pointing device v19.0.9.5 29 May15

Resolution 3200 x 1800

1. Go into touchpad settings and reapply defaults, restart >> didnt work

2. Disable two zoom in the touchpad settings, restart >> didnt work

3. Apply a different Chrome theme such as the classic blue theme, I have seen reports where the theme caused/reset issues >> didnt work

4. Go into the registry and rename

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults\AppProfiles-save\Google Chrome

to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Defaults\AppProfiles-save\Google Chrome-save

and restart

>> Didnt work and messed up any mouse inside chrome

5. Uninstall the synaptics driver and either let windows update install a new one or install the one from the Yoga 2 pro download site (they are both the same version). >>reluctant to do so

6. Change my display resolution to something like 204xx1152 >>reluctant to do so

Thanks for thr reply, really appreciated, the issue is not resolved, but id rather not having scroll in chrome vs chaning resolution (although havent tried if that even works or not)

I feel alot of LEnovo drivers for windows 10 are not 100% ready, faced a problem with Tablet modes, screen fickering, of whcih i found solutions in this forum for, but that says a lot about Lenovo frankly

I will try to use Synaptic native drivers from Synaptec later to see if that would help

Thanks again

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete