Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
horsemouth23
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,804
Message 1 of 1

Yoga 2 Pro USB Port 3.0 and Bluetooth Problems Issues

About 2 weeks ago my USB 3.0 port stopped working, after reading the comments on the interenet i presume this is from the Windows 8.1 update. I tried at first to sort it out myself by trying to uninstall and reinstall the port, I updated by BIOS, went through all the Device Manager and BIOS setup options to make sure it was working, and double checked windows updates. I am not particulary tech savvy but I thought this could not be too hard, as I it still lights up my external hardrive, it just does not detect it. So I know it is not physical damage.

I then contacted Lenovo support who told me quite a few people were having this issue and that all I needed to do was download the updated Chipset and Intel Management Driver software. Clearly this guy had not heard of automatic updates and low and behold it did not work. I then rang back and the next guy was so inaudible due to his accent that I literally could not be bothered to ask him to repeat evey sentence, which was the first 5 minutes of our conversation. 
In my device manager I have an unknown device called USB Root Hub (xHCI), when I try to update the driver it says it cannot find any suitable match. I know this hub is the one to detect USB drives, so I don't understand why it will not find a driver.

Around the same time I also noticed that my Bluetooth does not work properly! So I have attempted to sort this out as well. I  installed the latest Bluetooth driver from the Lenovo website and then "wallah" my Bluetooth dissappeard all together. I then unistalled this from programs and renistalled it and it still did not work. So now I have no Bluetooth either, which makes sense. So in device manger I have an unknown device which i think is the bluetooth but it says a file is missing when it trys to update/repair the driver. Lenovo seem to be ignoring all these issue.

So what do I do lenovo users/support?

Top Kudoed Authors