Options

3 Posts

03-20-2014

Hong Kong

5 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 1 of 6

Yoga 2 Pro WONT TURN ON (backlight flickers)

2014-03-20, 14:19 PM

First time poster here,

I recently purchased a yoga 2 pro approximately one week ago in Hong Kong from a technology reseller (Fortress). Was super excited, majority of reviews were glowing etc. However, after taking home and using it for less than an hour, the whole computer just suddenly turned off. All i had done was install AVG anti-virus, real player, and Hearthstone (blizzard game, didnt play it yet). When i tried to turn it on again the power button and backlight keyboard would flicker every 5 seconds, but no screen came on. I tried with/without being plugged in to no avail. I wrote this off as bad luck and swapped it the next day for a new one.

New one worked great for about 4 days, when the screen suddenly went haywire going all fuzzy with heaps of static (like one of those really old TVs when u get bad antenna reception). It was not responding to any keyboard or touchscreen commands, so I hard reset it (held power button for about 10 seconds). When i attempted to turn it back on again, same thing happend as the first laptop, flickering every 5 seconds, no screen. I will add that for these 4 days it worked I had mainly used it to watch youtube, play hearthstone, and watch movies. No other issues came up before the sudden breakdown. However I also noticed that when I played Hearthstone (a very low graphic intensity game btw) the laptop base got very very hot. I had also set my energy manager settings to high performance mode (part of the 'fix' for the off yellow colour).

I've now swapped it back for a THIRD yoga 2 pro. The salesman said this was the last time they would swap and if it happened again we'd have to go through Lenovo. 

I've had it for a few hours and it seems to be running fine but i wanted to post up this experience up to see if others have had similar issues, or might know what might have caused two of these beautiful laptops to cease working. The salesman suggested one possibility as being the laptop overheating to the point that it damaged the hardware in some way, although I would have thought that most laptops would have sufficient protocols to prevent damage to the laptop in this way. Any other suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Sorry for the TL:DR

Options

52 Posts

11-22-2013

Cyprus

126 Signins

548 Page Views

• Views: 548
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Yoga 2 Pro WONT TURN ON (backlight flickers)

2014-03-20, 15:19 PM

Look at this thread...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Idea-Windows-based-Tablets-and/Brand-new-Yoga-2-Pro-DOES-NOT-START/td-p/1326643/highlight/true/page/4

Options

3 Posts

03-20-2014

Hong Kong

5 Signins

28 Page Views

• Views: 28
  • Message 3 of 6

2014-03-20, 16:07 PM
Thanks alexcannas,

I recalled reading that thread the first time but forgot about it since. Ill add to that cheers
Options

13 Posts

04-01-2014

Miami

3 Signins

153 Page Views

• Views: 153
  • Message 4 of 6

2014-04-01, 19:35 PM

I also had this issue.  Laptop lasted 4 weeks.  Technical support was unhelpful.  I have been waiting 6 weeks now for my replacement laptop.  Customer service has been TERRIBLE despite numerous calls and speaking to agents, leads and supervisors.  I would caution anyone before they purchase from Lenovo.

Options

9351 Posts

11-27-2007

SK

15517 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 5 of 6

2014-04-02, 20:51 PM

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Options

1 Posts

04-15-2014

Austin, TX

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 6 of 6

2014-04-15, 1:08 AM

I have the exact same problem.  It first happend within one hour of opening the box.  However, the problem went away...returned intermitently...and now my yoga 2 has a totally dark screen and flikcering keyboard.  I was previously a big proponent of the machine.  Now, i'm thoroughly disappointed.  Customer service does not seem to have any answers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete