Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

52 Posts

10-27-2013

USA

107 Signins

618 Page Views

• Views: 618
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga 2 Pro: What Pre-Installed Apps Can I Remove?

2013-11-17, 23:25 PM

As soon as I got my Yoga 2 Pro I went to work uninstalling as many crapware as I could. I got rid of all the non-essential Lenovo apps (such as Mcafee antivirus, Dragon transcription by Nuance, a bunch of Intel stuff, and then a bunch of other crap.). Then there were the official Lenovo-installed programs:

Yoga Phone Companion (uninstalled)

Yoga Camera Man (still have it installed but don't know when I'd ever use it)

Yoga Photo Touch (still have it installed but I think there are better photo editing apps in the Store)

Yoga Chef (still have it installed)

Yoga Picks (uninstalled; hated how it constantly popped up telling me I transitioned from laptop to tent to tablet mode)

Lenovo Motion Control (keeping it for now as it pairs up with Yoga Chef)

Lenovo Transition (keeping it for now)

Lenovo Smart Voice (keeping it for now as it paris up with Camera Man and Yoga Chef)

Lenovo Companion (uninstalled).

Lenovo OneKey (keeping it for now).

Any of those that are worth reinstalling? Any I've kept that I should get rid of? Any others hidden in Desktop's "uninstall program" list that I should also remove?

Options

3 Posts

12-11-2013

Austria

5 Signins

51 Page Views

• Views: 51
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: What Pre-Installed Apps Can I Remove?

2013-12-12, 12:33 PM

I would appreciate any answer concerning this topic. Which software is worthy to give it a try amd which can i delete without any concern.

Thanks

Options

13 Posts

12-12-2013

USA

63 Signins

396 Page Views

• Views: 396
  • Message 3 of 8

2013-12-12, 13:10 PM

I third that. What bloatware can we remove from this PC?

Options

17 Posts

11-14-2013

Ohio, USA

90 Signins

878 Page Views

• Views: 878
  • Message 4 of 8

2013-12-12, 15:53 PM

The phone companion is a no brainer for me since it only works with brands of phones I don't plan to own.

Unless you are running really short of storage space on your SSD, I would first disable the processes from starting with Windows Startup for a while, but leave them on the computer drive.  That would diable them, but not uninstall them.  That way you could change your mind later and still be able to use them.  If you don't use or need them after 6 mo. then you probably won't later.

Options

52 Posts

10-27-2013

USA

107 Signins

618 Page Views

• Message 5 of 8

2013-12-13, 18:20 PM

wrote:

The phone companion is a no brainer for me since it only works with brands of phones I don't plan to own.

Unless you are running really short of storage space on your SSD, I would first disable the processes from starting with Windows Startup for a while, but leave them on the computer drive.  That would diable them, but not uninstall them.  That way you could change your mind later and still be able to use them.  If you don't use or need them after 6 mo. then you probably won't later.

Some of them don't show up in the Startup section even though they clearly are starting up with the computer (Lenovo SmartVoice is one of them). I don't like that kind of stuff, so I decided to uninstall all of Lenovo's apps that came pre-loaded on the Yoga2Pro except for Lenovo Motion Control and Lenovo Transition (but I have a feeling I'll be uninstalling these in a few weeks anyway). Of course, Lenovo Energy Manager is the exception since they made it that you must use it to mitigate the infamous Yellow problem, but I wish I could uninstall that too.

Options

24 Posts

11-14-2013

Australia

89 Signins

511 Page Views

• Views: 511
  • Message 6 of 8

2013-12-31, 7:14 AM

Coip, can you give an update of what you uninstalled and how your machinse is running? Any issues after you uninstalled?

Options

52 Posts

10-27-2013

USA

107 Signins

618 Page Views

• Message 7 of 8

2014-01-08, 21:15 PM

wrote:

Coip, can you give an update of what you uninstalled and how your machinse is running? Any issues after you uninstalled?

I uninstalled everything from Lenovo except for:
Intel HD Graphics Control Panel (I find this useful)

Lenovo Motion Control

Lenovo Transition

I haven't had any issues related to uninstalling the other apps that I know of. I have had major Bluetooth connectivity problems, though.

Options

1 Posts

06-01-2014

6 Signins

27 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2014-06-01, 0:12 AM

Hey All,

I bought a Lenovo Pro a few weeks back  (i7 - clematine orange ) and decided to cleanse it of bloatware.

the thing i noticed ( after uninstalling many programs - bad call for testing ) was that my keyboard was not deactivating and key presses were still working.

So.... I thought a should just be able to reinstall Lenovo Transition and all will be well. Wrong. Seems that this is connected to Lenovo Energy Manager.

Go figure :)

Few other things I have done to help my experience:

- Turned of adaptive brightness, caused flickering

- Used keyboard tweak to rebind Home key as backspace ( I seemed to always press it by accident and i don't often use home so worked for me)

- Disabled the right click button and instead used the two finger click, reason is that I kept accidentally opening the context menu when attempting to left click - a user issue more than a problem

- Altered the maximum cpu state to 80% on battery, seemed to actually make a difference and not noticeable difference to performance (in fairness, only using youtube, ie, spotify etc)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms