Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

02-26-2014

United States

10 Signins

100 Page Views

• Views: 100
  • Message 71 of 204

Re: Yoga 2 Pro WiFi Replacement Cards????

2014-02-27, 22:44 PM

Use a PH00 or PH000 philips head screwdriver.

Options

33 Posts

11-22-2013

Saskatchewan

91 Signins

358 Page Views

• Views: 358
  • Message 72 of 204

2014-02-27, 22:55 PM

Thanks

Options

7 Posts

03-03-2014

33 Signins

128 Page Views

• Message 73 of 204

2014-03-03, 14:12 PM

Hi all, does this AC card (7260.NGWWB) also solve the disconnect issues with the normal Wireless-N 7260?

i have the default 7260 crap card and my wifi disconnects all the time when having a bluetooth device connected.
I have to demote the card to 54G to get it stable which is insane...

Might just buy the 7260.NGWWB. gives me 5ghz and more speed and hopefully stable connection with a bluetooth device connected...

Options

19 Posts

02-19-2014

united states

34 Signins

136 Page Views

• Views: 136
  • Message 74 of 204

2014-03-03, 18:58 PM

I got my Y2P on Friday, the network card doesn't even show up when I boot up the machine. Called CS and spent a hour doing all kinds of driver update, still not showing up. In device manager, if you choose "show hidden item", it shows as not connected. All chipset, BIOS, etc. are up to date. I really have to say Lenovo's QC is piece of **bleep**. (A new out of the box $1K laptop doesn't even have a working network card, you've got to be kidding me.)

I ordered the new AC dual band card from Newegg suggested by people on this forum beforehand. replaced the old card myself on Sunday. Now it finally gets detected. I am using the intel 16.5.3 driver. However, it's still not very stable. From time to time, the network card just disappers from the device manager. (It usually happens after either waking up from sleep or a reboot).  I deleted the smart connect bloatware, it helps a little bit. 

I am going to give it a try for a week, if the wireless card disappear again. I will return this piece of crap and go for Surf pro 2 or, god forbid, an Apple. (Although I don't really like Apple. But I really hate to waste my time on a poorly designed, non-existent QC product like Lenovo). Which is sad because I really like the Y2P, if it works.

Options

13 Posts

11-16-2013

Lao People's Democratic Republic

13 Signins

103 Page Views

• Views: 103
  • Message 75 of 204

2014-03-03, 20:14 PM

wrote:

I got my Y2P on Friday, the network card doesn't even show up when I boot up the machine. Called CS and spent a hour doing all kinds of driver update, still not showing up. In device manager, if you choose "show hidden item", it shows as not connected. All chipset, BIOS, etc. are up to date. I really have to say Lenovo's QC is piece of **bleep**. (A new out of the box $1K laptop doesn't even have a working network card, you've got to be kidding me.)

I ordered the new AC dual band card from Newegg suggested by people on this forum beforehand. replaced the old card myself on Sunday. Now it finally gets detected. I am using the intel 16.5.3 driver. However, it's still not very stable. From time to time, the network card just disappers from the device manager. (It usually happens after either waking up from sleep or a reboot).  I deleted the smart connect bloatware, it helps a little bit. 

I am going to give it a try for a week, if the wireless card disappear again. I will return this piece of crap and go for Surf pro 2 or, god forbid, an Apple. (Although I don't really like Apple. But I really hate to waste my time on a poorly designed, non-existent QC product like Lenovo). Which is sad because I really like the Y2P, if it works.

Sounds like you just were unlucky and got a lemon which may have bad connectors for the WiFi card.  I had no issues with the WiFi card it came with, and when I upgraded to the Wireless AC card, I have not had any issues at all and have defintely not had the WiFi card disappear from the device manager at all under any circumstance.

If I were you, I'd just ask Lenovo for a replacement, as it seems like it very well could be a hardware issue. Unfortunately, even high-end companies produce some lemons.  Example - my friend had a brand new Audi S5, and it randomly shut off a few times and wouldn't start up -- it ended up being an issue with the entire electrical system.  They took care of him though, and that's the most important thing -- how the company will take care of it.

So hopefully you can get a replacement unit, and that one turns out to work out great for you.

Options

966 Posts

01-28-2013

United States

1257 Signins

10822 Page Views

• Views: 10822
  • Message 76 of 204

2014-03-04, 2:15 AM

wrote:

Hi all, does this AC card (7260.NGWWB) also solve the disconnect issues with the normal Wireless-N 7260?

i have the default 7260 crap card and my wifi disconnects all the time when having a bluetooth device connected.
I have to demote the card to 54G to get it stable which is insane...

Might just buy the 7260.NGWWB. gives me 5ghz and more speed and hopefully stable connection with a bluetooth device connected...

7260.NGWWB won't help you if your router is only a single band 2.4 GHz. You MUST have a DUAL BAND router, preferrably with WiFi AC (which is the point of upgrading to 7260AC) in order to resolve all of your WiFi issue. Otherwise, you may or may not see any improvements with 7260AC at all. Keep in mind that 7260AC is the same 7260N card with AC and 5 GHz band enabled on the firmware. That's why they use the same exact drivers. The drivers don't have problems with 5 GHz band whatsoever so I recommend to upgrade to 7260AC.

Lenovo Y470: i7-2670QM | 8 GB DDR3 1333 MHz RAM | Nvidia GeForce GT 550M | 500 GB 7200 RPM Seagate HDD | ASUS PCE-AC56 802.11ac Network Adapter | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Options

61 Posts

02-19-2014

Florida, USA

131 Signins

888 Page Views

• Views: 888
  • Message 77 of 204

2014-03-04, 5:22 AM

Got my 7260AC card in from Newegg over the weekend. Just installed it.

Someone on here recommended the 16.5.3.6 driver for Windows 8/8.1. Intels site only listed the 16.10 version. I check my current driver it it was the recommended 16.5.3.6. This has been working fine for me so I did change drivers. Both cards use the same drivers, which make it an easy upgrade.

My Steps:

1. remove the torx screws fron the bottom panel (turn off laptop first of course).

I did not have a T5 torx screw driver, but was able to use a really small flat head screwdriver to remove the torx screws. They where really loose, except for two that required a little more effort.

2. Remove bottom cover.

I started at the back where the air vents are and using my fingers and nails preyed the cover away, working up the sides. Wasn't very hard.

3. Located the WiFi Card, which is located near the headphone jack.

4. removed antennas (make note where they go)

Used the small screwdriver to pop them off. Note the black wire attaches to the inner most connector and the white wire to the outer most connector.

5. Remove Phillips head screw  holding the WiFi card in place.

Requires a small screwdriver (but bigger than the one I used to remove the torx screws).

6. Romove 7260 N card.

Lifted on the back end with the small flat head then wiggled it out. It pretty easy to do.

7. Install Intel 7260AC card.

Just slipp it into the slot and put in the retaining screw.

8. Connect antennas.

There really small, but I just lined then up then used the small flat head screwdriver to push them down . They snap into place

9. Reassemble:

The revers from before. Put cover back on and screw in torx screws.

10. Turn on and connect to network.

Give it a minute or so to register the new card. You may have to type in you password to connect to you network. I did, but it may be because I tried to connect as soon as it turned on and it wasn't ready wth the new card.
I had the same issue I had when I first got the laptop. The Bluetooth device had a yellow exclamation  point next to it. I did the same as I did the first time, I uninstalled the BT driver and restarted the laptop. It showed up a geneeric BT, but I was able to connect my Bluetooth headphone without issues.

I think I'm going to install the latest BT drivers from Intel as the one that it came with obviously have issues.

Hope this helps someone.

UPDATE: just installed the new Intel driver for the Bluetooth and it seems to work fine. I have additional  BT info in device mamager and no yellow triangles so far. Driver found here: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=eng&ProductFamily=Wireless+Networking&ProductLine=Intel%C2%AE+Wi-Fi+Products&ProductProduct=Intel%C2%AE+Dual+Band+Wireless-AC+7260

Options

7 Posts

03-03-2014

33 Signins

128 Page Views

• Message 78 of 204

2014-03-04, 7:35 AM

I have a dual band AC airport extreme with 5GHz and 2.4ghz.
I want to connect to 5GHz to resolve the issues i have now..
Ordered the card from germany, will be here this week :)

Options

6 Posts

03-04-2014

United States

12 Signins

35 Page Views

• Views: 35
  • Message 79 of 204

2014-03-04, 21:44 PM

Ordered my card from M Factor. Called Lenovo today and did not get much help so I figured the card would be a good place to start. 

Options

9380 Posts

11-27-2007

Slovakia

15518 Signins

2040239 Page Views

• Views: 2040239
  • Message 80 of 204

2014-03-05, 17:37 PM
Post moved to start new thread

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos

Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you.

Forum Search Option T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Yoga 10 HD+, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.

FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

PepperonI blog 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms