08-18-2015

NJ

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 1 of 8

Yoga 2 Pro - Windows 10, Bluetooth Driver keeps crashing

2015-08-18, 17:09 PM

I recently upgrade to windows 10 and have since started to experience a weird issue.

I use a BT Keyboard and Mouse, so I would be very sensitive with any issue with BT.

After the upgrade I started experincing random crashes of the BT driver.

I reinstalled the latest drivers - which fixed the problem until they crashed again.

To fix it, I was able to reboot and the problem was fixed. I then opted to simply re-install with no reboot, which fixes the problem.

The eventlog reports BTHUSB crashed with event ID 17, at which point, the BT icon disappears. The only fixs is reinstalling the driver, which is only temporary.

Any other ideas on what I can try to permanently fix this (it was not a problem in windows 8.1)?

Thanks

Solved! See the solution
Options

25 Posts

05-27-2015

United States of America

59 Signins

495 Page Views

• Views: 495
  • Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Windows 10, Bluetooth Driver keeps crashing

2015-08-18, 20:49 PM

Well, I don't have the exact problem, but similar - bluetooth plain doesn't work.  I can't find devices or pair or anything.  I uninstalled the driver and downloaded the new one, reinstalled, rebooted - still nothing.  I can start the service manually but I don't get a bluetooth option amywhere.  It's no longer in the device manager.

I also use a bluetooth keyboard and mouse (I use an aux second monitor and usually have my keyboard flipped under) and right now I am stymied. 

Options

25 Posts

05-27-2015

United States of America

59 Signins

495 Page Views

• Views: 495
  • Message 3 of 8

2015-08-18, 23:42 PM

And, after much trial and trauma I have solved it.  I had to install both the new Bluetooth driver and the BIOS update from the Lenovo download page.  Now I have a working Bluetooth on Windows 10.

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

08-18-2015

NJ

2 Signins

14 Page Views

• Views: 14
  • Message 4 of 8

2015-08-22, 15:29 PM

Thanks ilanarama. I can confirm the BIOS update did the trick.

Bottom line - for windows 10 and Bluetooth to work reliably - you must upgrade both the BIOS and the Driver.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Views: 578
  • Message 5 of 8

2016-01-13, 18:15 PM
Until today (1-13-2016). Yesterday I installed the big 152MB Win 10 "security updates" on my i7 Yoga 2 Pro and my Bluetooth is gone - again. I tried reinstalling the drivers and it just doesn't show up. I have no BT icon in the taskbar at the bottom of the screen, and Bluetooth is missing from Device Manager. All the files and folders are shown on the computer but the Bluetooth WILL NOT LOAD when I turn the machine on and it doesn't show up in any of the menus under Devices. I don't think this is Lenovo's problem, I think it's a Microsoft screwup where they have either "updated" my drivers or they have blocked authentication of the existing drivers. I fought this for weeks before it suddenly started working again (probably from another Microsoft update). I tried everything I can think of and nothing fixes it. i7-4500U CPU Windows 10 64-bit (build 1511) (OS build 10586.63) BIOS 76CN43WW (updated from original) wifi drivers 18.30.0.9 (11/3/2015) Bluetooth version 17.0.1419.02 I have no idea how to get my Bluetooth back !!
Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2016-01-13, 18:41 PM
I was able to solve this (again) !! Open Device Manager and right click on the name of your computer (top line in window) Choose "Add legacy hardware" Choose "Search for and install hardware automatically" it will scan and (probably) not find any new hardware Highlight "Show all devices" and click Next it will scan and give you a list of Manufacturer and Model choices Go to Microsoft (or the manufacturer of your BT hardware) and choose the item in my case my Microsoft Scuplt Mouse did not appear so I chose the first item Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI) Once that was installed, all the Bluetooth menus appeared and the BT resumed working. Please note that this is an unusual situation and yesterday's Microsoft "updates" that screwed this up. I hope it helps someone else.
Options

4 Posts

03-23-2015

Ankara

9 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 7 of 8

2016-02-20, 22:09 PM

I tried all recommendations without success. And Lenovo seems incapable of resolving these issues. I will think twice before choosing my next  laptop.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2016-02-21, 0:07 AM

I think the problem is Microsoft, not Lenovo.  I had NO problems under the original Win 8.0 that came on the laptop.  It was only when I went to Win 10 that things went downhill.  There have been several updates to Win 10 including the "November" update.  So far my BT seems to be working OK now, so I think it had something to do with Win 10 not recognizing the BT drivers as "legitimate" to load.  I also did a complete re-installation of Win 10 from scratch which removed all the Lenovo software.  It is possible that the Power Manager had something to do with the problem.  If you surf the internet you will find other brands (Dell, HP, Acer) having the same problem with BT so it's not just Lenovo.

But I do agree.  The last Lenovo moderator to check in to this forum was back in 2014, and there is no excuse for that unless they just don't know what to tell us.  They should at least check in and tell us they don't know.  There are many different solutions that HAVE worked for different people so there doesn't seem to be any ONE fix.  It's frustrating, but I don't think Lenovo is to blame.  I just blame them for not being here now.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms