Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
varobc
What's DOS?
Views: 5,750
Message 1 of 14

Yoga 2 Pro + Windows 10 = External Monitor not working via micro HDMI

I upgraded to Windows 10 last week and everything was smooth.  Today when rebooting my system, the unit no longer can see my external display.  I have tried multiple other displays and none seem to work.  I have the latest video drivers for Win10 from the support site installed but it still doesn't work.  Any thoughts?

kfo
Paper Tape
Views: 5,649
Message 2 of 14

Re: Yoga 2 Pro + Windows 10 = External Monitor not working via micro HDMI

I experienced the same - and also inconsistently that the system is going sluggish/lagging heavily.

To fix problem with HDMI downgrade to drivers for Win8.1 - it works but hopefully Lenovo will fix this issue with Win10 drivers!?

Overall upgrading to Win10 has been a bad experience (regarding the lagging of the system which usually occurs after 20-30 min after logging on). I've tried removing all third-party startup programs (including Lenovos) - but to no help. The frustration is increasing - any tips will be appreciated :-)

kfo
Paper Tape
Views: 5,642
Message 3 of 14

Regarding my previous post: I found the best tip from RedSign in other post in this forum - turning off DPTF in BIOS helped regarding the Yoga lagging in Win10. I'm kicking myself for not having noticed this tip before - I've read and tried all other tips; disabling services and tweeking settings... the DPTF has been the reason for my Win10 lagging...

varobc
What's DOS?
Views: 5,624
Message 4 of 14

I tried downgrading the drivers to 10.18.10.3496 (Win 8.1 x64) without any luck.   This is beyond frustrating at this point.   It was working yesterday and then suddenly stopped after rebooting.  Urgh!

SteveU
Punch Card
Views: 5,606
Message 5 of 14

I have this issue also on my Yoga 2 13, it won't detect an external monitor via either the Micro-HDMI socket or the bundled USB-VGA adaptor. 

I've actually had this issue for a couple of month now dating back to when I had Windows 8.1 installed. 

I have a feeling that a Windows update has caused this but I have no idea how true that is.

Has anyone else had this and managed to solve it?

user12341234
Paper Tape
Views: 5,570
Message 6 of 14

I have the same hdmi problem and incredible sluggishness.  In fact, it took less time to downgrade back to 8.1 than it did to open Chrome on Win10.

varobc
What's DOS?
Views: 5,551
Message 7 of 14

I purchased a USB3 to VGA/DVI/HDMI adapter from Pluggable and everything is working great now.  Clearly an issue with the drivers on the machine - probably video card

AntonAZ
Paper Tape
Views: 5,545
Message 8 of 14

I had issues with extreme sluggisness of my Yoga 2 Pro when I connected my external HDMI monitor after upgrading to win 10. I disabled DPTF in the BIOS and all the issues went away immediately. I have not tested yet what the impact on my battery life will be. Regardless, this is something Lenovo really needs to fix in the driver! If you don't know how to access the BIOS, here is a good link:

http://www.howtogeek.com/126016/three-ways-to-access-the-windows-8-boot-options-menu/

varobc
What's DOS?
Views: 5,538
Message 9 of 14

Tried that - it helped with the sluggishness but didnt fix the output for HDMI

vilevicius
What's DOS?
Views: 5,313
Message 10 of 14

I have same problem with connecting external monitor over HDMI. I tried to install official lenovo drivers, newest drivers from intel website and nothing worked. So I am going to downgrade to Windows 8.1. I feel very disappointed about Windows 10.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors