Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Dan_Solo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,335
Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 - improving battery life.

Hi all,

Just made the jump to W10 and first thing I noticed is I have double the battery drain during idel. Not good.

I've been working through process I can kill/disable and cleared out Skype, Search etc. and it was still a battery killer so now I've killed all of the Intel processes. Is this bad? I don't see any change in performance or heating, but I'm back to the old W8 idle drain of 5000 - 6000 which is 8+ hours of idle with screen at 50%.

Is this safe does anybody know? I never killed the Intel stuff under W8.

Otherwise I really like W10 but if the battery is this bad and I need those processes for safe running I'll revert to W8.

Guru
Views: 1,307
Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 - improving battery life.

Idle processes and services won't drain any significant amount of power. If there's any software that causes any excessive energy drain it would've been running. Check the task manager or resource manager to locate any unusual activity.

Also, there should be a lot of various power options to play with in the advanced power options.

To go to advanced power options right click on the battery indicator in the task bar, go to power options, open active power profile, and in the newly opened window you'll have the link to advanced power options.

====================================
I'm an INsider - not a Lenovo employee.
You can find me in gaming, Ideapad and Thinkpad forums most of the time.
Dan_Solo
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,293
Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Windows 10 - improving battery life.

All I know is I had a 10,000+ battery drain on first Windows 10 boot. Now I've killed all those processes it's 6,000 with no adjustment of power options which I already had very, very customised from Windows 8.1.

"Idle processes and services won't drain any significant amount of power." - Depends on what you mean by idle. It isn't idle if your Update Installer is murdering the CPU for example.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors