Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

35 Posts

12-10-2013

Portugal

78 Signins

550 Page Views

• Views: 550
  • Message 1 of 7

Yoga 2 Pro - Yellow Problems After Format

2013-12-18, 23:48 PM

When I got my Y2P I had problems with displaying yellow correctly, like everyone else. However, that was easily fixed by updating the BIOS and the energy manager.

Since there was a lot of bloatware I decided to format my pc, and after formatting when trying to install the BIOS driver it said that the BIOS was already up to date. I'm pretty sure I installed all the other drivers, and made sure that the energy manager was installed, but now when I open paint and compare the yellow with other friends' laptops it is clearly greener on my Y2P.

I also turned off adaptive brightness on power options, turned off automatic brightness on Power and Sleep/PC and Devices, and turned off display power saving technology on the intel hd graphics control panel.

Has anyone had any similar problems or has any idea how to fix it? Is there any other setting that I need to change?

Also, can I downgrade the BIOS to the old "broken" version and just upgrade it again just to make sure? If so, where can I find the old version?

EDIT: I uninstalled the energy manager just to see how the yellow looked and then reinstalled it and the "yellow fix" is clearly being applied, as it looks much better with the energy manager installed. However, it's still visible that my yellows are greener than in other laptops.

When I "fixed" the yellow for the first time before the restart I noticed a huge improvement so I didn't really compare it with other laptops, it's very likely that my current yellows look the same as back then. I'll wait till tomorrow to do a few more comparisons with other laptops just to make sure it's my yellow that is greener and not the other laptops that are redder.

Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Views: 18366
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - Yellow Problems After Format

2013-12-19, 0:12 AM
@Canoas,

You mentioned that you got it fixed by updating the BIOS and energy manager. After formatting, have you installed the energy management software?

I have a Y2P (i5 version) but that seems fine out of the box. Manufacturing date was Oct 2013

*Non Lenovo employee*

Options

35 Posts

12-10-2013

Portugal

78 Signins

550 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2013-12-19, 0:20 AM

Yes, as I said, "I'm pretty sure I installed all the other drivers, and made sure that the energy manager was installed".
Maybe I missed some other driver accidently but I'm sure the energy manager is installed since when I downloaded it now there was no option to update, only to modify, repair or uninstall to which I picked repair.

edit: I'll uninstall it and reinstall just to make sure.

Options

35 Posts

12-10-2013

Portugal

78 Signins

550 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2013-12-19, 0:32 AM

Ok. I uninstalled the energy manager and the yellow became a much more noticeable puke green. I installed it back and it the yellow got a lot better, and is now the same as when I started the thread.

So, the energy manager is clearly "fixing" the yellow, but not enough. I'll try comparing it again with my desktop and my old laptop when I get home.

I tried taking a photo with my phone but it for some reason it was adjusting the colours and fixing the yellow, so even the no-energymanager puke green looked like a perfect yellow through my phone.

Options

1464 Posts

06-08-2013

Spain

2008 Signins

20098 Page Views

• Views: 20098
  • Message 5 of 7

2013-12-19, 7:17 AM

Not again. It's pentile technology, it's normal the colors are not 100% perfect.

Install BIOS Update http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/76cn31ww.exe
Install Lenovo Energy Management http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/em10149.exe

readme: http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/76cn31ww.txt

Kind regards,

Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider, Windows Insider MVP

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Looking to buy a Lenovo machine? Find your country

Belgium | Canada | Finland | France | Germany | Netherlands | Sweden | U.K. | U.S.A.

Options

254 Posts

11-09-2013

Charlotte, NC

339 Signins

2304 Page Views

• Views: 2304
  • Message 6 of 7

2013-12-19, 9:29 AM

You know, I've puked a lot in my lifetime and it's never been green.  Just sayin' :-)

Even after the updates certain yellow shades may have a slight green tinge to them - do not care.  That being said, you may have deleted other color management settings unique to this machine.  In the yellow thread a guy posts a nice color profile that works well, search for that and give it a shot.

Options

1337 Posts

12-20-2011

Malaysia

1524 Signins

18366 Page Views

• Views: 18366
  • Message 7 of 7

2013-12-20, 0:31 AM
@mitchellvii ... Guess someone did not have vege before puking ... hahahaha

Weird that I don't see this on my Y2P ... Let me compare with my LED tonight ... xD

*Non Lenovo employee*

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)