Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 141 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2014-09-27, 19:37 PM

http://support.lenovo.com/sg/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/DS037469

Options

4 Posts

07-09-2014

Kansas

33 Signins

206 Page Views

• Views: 206
  • Message 142 of 177

2014-09-28, 0:46 AM

Thank you-Installing this now allows my mouse to work, although it still loses connection occasionally. Is this supposed to be 2.1 or better? I have an Adafruit EZ-Link that will not connect, and it requires 2.1.

Options

1725 Posts

08-14-2011

USA

1886 Signins

25513 Page Views

• Views: 25513
  • Message 143 of 177

2014-09-28, 1:09 AM

This is for bluetooth 4.0.... not sure if it is backward compatible.

Options

2 Posts

10-02-2014

Kentucky

27 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 144 of 177

2014-10-02, 22:11 PM

I've been researching this a few days.  I have linux installed on another laptop...decided to try linux mint(booting from a thumb drive) on my Y2 pro.  It doesn't seem to have any problems connecting/pairing with my LG sound bar via linux...works great, but i'm having all the same problems others are having in windows.  So it appears to be a Windows 8.1 driver problem or maybe some kind of conflict with other software.  I don't know...I've tried several things....can't get it going.

Options

2 Posts

10-02-2014

Kentucky

27 Signins

66 Page Views

• Views: 66
  • Message 145 of 177

2014-10-08, 0:53 AM

My LG sound bar connects in windows now....I'm not exactly sure how, but there's a "bluetooth handsfree service" running in services I didn't see before. I'll explain my "procedure", but this is all by chance...it might have been one thing or the other.  Maybe it'll help someone.

First I disabled intel BT(bluetooth) in device manager...installed an old usb BT dongle(broadcom)....got the same results...it wouldn't pair.

removed the dongle...then uninstalled Intel BT adapter(device manager). uninstalled intel pro bt drivers(which I had tried before)...restarted...windows loaded generic BT drivers.

decided to try a sharkk boombox BT speaker...it worked. disconnected and tried the LG sound bar which also connected/paired without a problem.

Like I said...I hadn't seen the "bluetooth handsfree service" running before. as far as uninstalling/reinstalling...I doubt everything I did was neccessary. Maybe it was the broadcom drivers...maybe it was connecting the sharkk boombox. whatever it was...something started/installed the "bluetooth handsfree service"...that seems to be the difference for my situation(intermittent connection..no sound).

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

Boston MA

34 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 146 of 177

2014-12-03, 20:49 PM

I bought a Yoga Pro 2 a few weeks ago, and it came with 8.1 and associated drivers preinstalled. I ocassionally have disconnect issue with the bluetooth, but what's much worse is that bluetooth audio stutters horribly. It will start clearly and running fine, and then all the sudden it will stop then after a few seconds start back up. Sometimes the sound will just quickly skip and continue. I've noticed it's worse when playing video.

This has nothing to do with my headphones (Jabra Revo Wireless). They work great with all other devices.

I have tried using Lenovo's drivers for 8.1 and intels latest drivers. I tried disabling DPTF, and nothing has fixed this issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Options

24 Posts

11-24-2013

Spokane WA

43 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 147 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2014-12-07, 17:14 PM
I also have a Jabra Play. Yes, I think that the BT is being interfered with
by (poor) design. As discussed in earlier posts the best solution is to
replace the Wi-Fi card. Video on how to on YouTube.

http://www.ti.com/pdfs/vf/bband/coexistence.pdf

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Coexistence Testing

Since Bluetooth devices hop over 79 MHz of the ISM band and IEEE 802.11b
devices require approximately 16MHz of bandwidth to operate, it is not
possible to have both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth products in the same area without
the chance of interference. Due to the potential for interference, a series
of coexistence tests have been run with actual Bluetooth and Wi-Fi products
to determine their level of coexistence.

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

Boston MA

34 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 148 of 177

2014-12-11, 18:27 PM

Bluetooth Stutter (improved, but not completely fixed):

Overview: Open the system and ensure the antenna connections are tight and the card is seated well.

I found a bit of a fix looking through the forums. Essentially you open up the bottom of the laptop, and check to ensure the card is seated propperly and the antenna cables are connected well. Mine were a bit loose, and adjusting them has signifigantly reduced my issue. Ocassionally I still get a blip in the audio, but for the most part it's working well. Opening the thing takes only a few minuts if you have the tools (search youtube), and I was informed by Lenovo that this would not void the warranty so long as I didn't cause any physical damage.

Remaining Stutter:

The blip may very well be a result of a buffer issue relating to the DPTF throttling (i'm in tent or tablet mode most of the time I use bluetooth). I need to do more testing.

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) (Fixed!):

Overview: Go into the bios, disable wireless, reboot into windows, then shut down, go back into bios, and re-enable wireless.

I had an issue where after disabling bluetooth via the device manger, re-enabling it, and then rebooting, the bluetooth device showed up simply as; "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)". No software solution would work (drivers for both wifi and bluetooth, windows updates, ect...). This is not surprising, at it very clearly seems as though the hardware was is some mode that makes it unrecognizable to the system.

After a lot of research (other people have had the issue with this card on other systems), I decided to go into my bios in an attempt to reset the state of the card. I had seen some other post in a microsoft forum mentioning a method involving swapping out the lenovo power manager on 8.1 for the windows 7 version, then disabling->reenabling wireless with the old power manager fixed the issue, and so i thought maybe something in the bios would work instead. In the bios I selected disable wireless, rebooted, and it was back (even though my bios had the wireless disabled...). I am on the latest lenovo bios in case anyone wants to know. I went back into the bios and re-enabled wireless anyway, and the fix still worked.

Hopefully the Lenovo team will read this and figure out the issue, for I suspect it's bios and power management related. Two things about this that are really odd:

1. Setting the system into airplane mode didn't have the same affect. This indicates to me that the wireless card isn't being disabled fully in airplane mode.

2. Setting the wireless state in the bios to disable didn't disable the device and in fact re-enabled it. Toggling the state back to enable didn't change anything.

*I should state that I didn't try disabling it after the fix to see if it acted normal again, and it is possible the card just got into an unexpected state, sending the disable command resolved it, and now it will function as intended.

Wireless Coexistance (reply to a comment from OldSpaghetti):

Thanks for the post. I'm and embedded firmware and hardware engineer who does a lot of RF work. You are right in assuming this could be a potential issue, but unless they did an incredibly poor job with the antenna, I highly doubt it's a hardware related. They do a lot of RF testing, (including coexistance tests), with these chips before putting them out, and so asside from the case of a bad antenna, it's safe to assume this isn't a hardware issue. Drivers and firmware dictate how hardware functions, and so that is much more likely the culprate. Windows 8.1's power management, intel's drivers (wifi and bluetooth), the motherboard bios, and lenovo powermanagement software all play a role in controling the hardware. If there is a coexistance issue, I'd bet it's driver related.

Furthermore, I bought my laptop recently, and it has the 7260AC card in it, and this card is proven to work perfectly fine in other systems (though I have seen reports that early driver releases for these cards were problematic up until midway through this year).

With respect to swapping out the cards, I have no doubt replacing the WiFi card resolved your issue, for it had different drivers, and in swapping it out you reseated the wirelss card and the antenna connections. 

Options

2 Posts

04-02-2014

South Africa

9 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 149 of 177

2014-12-15, 15:28 PM

In device manager, bluetooth, right-click on bluetooth driver, properties, turn off ‘allow device to be turned off to save power’.

I restored the system image backup for other reasons. Now, trying to pair my Microsoft Wedge bluetooth  mouse, which shows up under ‘Manage Bluetooth Devices’, I get the error: “Try again, and make sure your mouse is still discoverable”.

I have uninstalled the original Intel bluetooth driver, tried to use the generic Microsoft driver.

Tried the newest bluetooth driver from the website, no luck either.

Made sure to untick ‘allow device to be turned off to save power’ with all the above options. Also with the USB and HID drivers.

It worked brilliantly before a restored the factory image.

Please help.

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

Boston MA

34 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 150 of 177

2014-12-15, 15:43 PM

freestanler,
You're being a bit vague, and so I can't really determine what your specific issue is. Here is my advice.

Put back a clean install of Lenovo Drivers:
You don't want the generic ms drivers, and from what I have heard, the drivers directly from Intel may be problematic as well. I'd probably use the latest drivers from the lenovo page. Be sure to thoroughly uninstall any drivers before doing so (via both the device manager (uninstall and delete) and add/remove programs. Be sure to restart before and after replacing drivers.

Do a clean pair of the device:
Next I would remove the device under the bluetooth settings page if it still exists (in bluetooth settings, select the device, and press the remove button). Then you want to pair the device up.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms