Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

04-02-2014

South Africa

9 Signins

24 Page Views

• Views: 24
  • Message 151 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2014-12-16, 7:06 AM

Thank you for your reply, rkaplan27. Sorry I was vague - I wrote that in a hurry.

I did exactly as you suggested. Uninstalled from device manager screen, making sure to also select the uninstall software option. I uninstalled from remove/add programs. I deleted the bluetooth folder under the c:// drive. I restarted. I downloaded and installed the driver from this page: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/DS037469 . I restarted.

Same problem persists, though. In the 'Manage Bluetooth devices' screen, it intermittently picks up the mouse to pair with. This is even before I click on 'Pair'. It comes and goes. When I move my bluetooth mouse or left-click, it appears shortly before disappearing again. 

When I do click on 'Pair' (when it shows), after a short while I still get the error message 'That didn't work. Try again, ad make sure your mouse is still disceoverable.' I don't think it is a battery issue, as my Microsoft Wedge bluetooth mouse still shines the blue sensor when I pick it up.

Side note:

I have previously uninstalled intel smart connect. Do I need that, for this?

I appreciate your help...

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

Boston MA

34 Signins

198 Page Views

• Views: 198
  • Message 152 of 177

2014-12-22, 14:52 PM

freestanler,

No problem. Sorry I haven't responded, I missed your reply.

Hm... I'm just not sure of an exact route for you to take, but I'll share my thoughts.

Smart Connect:

I have it installed, and i doubt it is causing your issue, but there's no reason not to have it. 

It's odd that everything was working fine until you did a restore and now you have issues. Assuming the mouse is fully charged (I would recharge it fully just to rule that out), this means the issue is almost certainly driver or OS related. It's worth considering if you have the same drivers, OS updates, and settings you had before the restore.

Drivers:

To rule out drivers being the issue, why don't you tell me the name of the bluetooth adapter and driver revision date. These can be found in your device manager. 

Settings:

With regards to settings, I'd particularly make sure you have the power management setting disable for the bluetooth adapter. This setting can be found by going into the device manager, selecting the bluetooth adapter, and then selecting the last tab labled "Power Management". On that tab, make sure power management is disabled by ensuring the checkbox is empty for "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power".

Another consideration is the system's power modes. In tablet and tent mode, the CPU is throttled down using DPTF framework. To rule out any conflicts, do all your testing for this issue in normal laptop mode. I would also go into the lenovo energy manager and set the system to high performance mode. 

Finally, if your issue persists, try something I mentioned a few posts back in this thread. I was experiencing some issue (different from yours) where the drivers (and possibly bios) caused the wireless card to go into a problematic state. I was able to fix it via the bios by disabling and then renabling the wireless features of the system. What you should try is disabling the wireless features via the bios, booting into windows, shutingdown, renabling the wireless features though the bios, and booting back into windows. You can read more into that in the other post I wrote. 

Lenovo certainly doesn't seem to care, and so it's up to the community to get the the bottom of these issues. Please let us know if anything works.

Options

1 Posts

01-06-2015

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Message 153 of 177

2015-01-06, 19:43 PM

Hi guys, i had the error 43 problem with bluetooth on my yoga 2 pro and managed to resolve it by updating BIOS to the newest version. Magically instead of 1 not working intel bluetooth 4.0 device in device manager now i have like 12 devices and everything runs smooth.

Options

3 Posts

01-11-2015

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

7 Signins

94 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 94
  • Message 154 of 177

2015-01-11, 14:05 PM

Same issue here (latest BIOS already, all Windows 8 updates installed, latest Lenovo drivers etc):

Bluetooth failing repeatedly.  Tried airplane mode (or bluetooth toggle) a couple of times, came back working for a minute or so, then died again.

This happened a couple more times, then Bluetooth options disappeared entirely, with exclamation mark on Bluetooth adapter in device manager (Code 43: Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems).  Tried uninstalling as instructed, and then the **bleep** thing was nowhere to be found even after reboot and scanning for hardware changes (had become an unspecified USB device, I think, also showing exclamation mark in device manager).

Tried reinstalling the Bluetooth driver, but had no joy.

What did work was entering BIOS (boot up using Novo key next to power button to get BIOS menu) and disabling wireless devices there.  After startup Bluetooth had returned.  Went back to BIOS and re-enabled wireless devices.  After startup Bluetooth was still working and so was wifi.  Since then (half an hour ago?), everything's working, but I'd be amazed if it didn't fall over again at some point.

Seems crazy to have to consider installing a new dual-band wireless adapter to get basic features working, but I haven't come across a reliable software-based fix anywhere in the year I've had this thing...

Options

2 Posts

12-23-2013

United States of America

11 Signins

91 Page Views

• Views: 91
  • Message 155 of 177

2015-01-12, 17:55 PM

Thanks for posting this fix.... it worked for me.

Finally, if your issue persists, try something I mentioned a few posts back in this thread. I was experiencing some issue (different from yours) where the drivers (and possibly bios) caused the wireless card to go into a problematic state. I was able to fix it via the bios by disabling and then renabling the wireless features of the system. What you should try is disabling the wireless features via the bios, booting into windows, shutingdown, renabling the wireless features though the bios, and booting back into windows. You can read more into that in the other post I wrote. 

Appreciate the fix. It has been a problem for awhile. Troubling that it hasn't been solved by Lenovo.

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

Boston MA

34 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 156 of 177

2015-01-12, 18:47 PM

Glad to hear two more confirmations of the 'fix'. I actually posted this 'fix' a month ago (see page 15 of thread), and lenovo still hasn't adressed or even commented on the issue yet. The card very clearly gets into a locked up state, and there should be either a bios, driver, or power management fix for this scenario.

My stuttering and disconnecting bluetooth audio issue still exists as well...

This thread was created over a year ago, and Lenovo has done nothing to resolve this issues. I have put in three calls, and even pointed out this thread, and the best thing they offered is to let me send it in for a hardware fix...

I'm considering a petition or writing into some hardware review sites to bring some attention to this issue. I've been a loyal lenovo customer for over 10 years, and expect more from them.

Edit:

The stuttering audio and disconnects were begining to occur quite often again for me, and so I decided to see if doing the bios disable/enable wireless had any affect. In the immediate it did improve the situtation dramatically. As well, I noticed bluetooth isn't disabled when the bios wireless state is set to disabled, and instead, only the wifi features are disabled. This is very clearly not a hardware issue, and if it is, it's something Lenovo can create a fix for via software/firmware, but first they need to recognize the issue.

Options

1 Posts

01-30-2015

Colombia

3 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 157 of 177

2015-01-30, 21:10 PM

I have the same problem, yesterday, I just updated the last bios (76cn41ww.exe), but the issue it's there.

Somebody have the correct answer?

I have tried with some of the suggested in this forum, but, nothing works to me. I can't solve this annoying problem!!!!

What we can do if LENOVO never answer us?

Please. LENOVO, help me.

Options

12 Posts

12-03-2014

Boston MA

34 Signins

198 Page Views

• Message 158 of 177

2015-01-30, 22:02 PM

I highly suspect they will never address the issue. I've called several times, and have yet to get through to someone who recognizes the issue. Last person wanted me to send it in, but unless they are going to give me a new card (and not the same model), I doubt that's going to fix the problem I've observed. Maybe we should start a petition...

Please read over the last 4 or so posts I've written, try the things I mention, and if that doesn't work describe your problem in more detail, and I'll do my best to help you. I need specifics including driver version, os version, what shows up in device manager, ect...

Options

1 Posts

06-02-2015

Italy

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 159 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Bluetooth stops working

2015-06-02, 22:50 PM

I read these comment after having carried out tens o hundred test on keyboard and touchpad.

I have installed all new software starting from bios and later blutehooths driver.

The last situation is this one:

1. touchpad ok
  2. keyboard not responding at all.

In teh past I had other problem and behalf lke

1. no association
  2. associations after tens times
  3. some lost associations
  4. others

I have not resolved the mistake, but I tried other solution to work:

1. I have installed a foreigner mouse through a reduction socked wire: it works very well
  2. I have installed a microsoft bluetooth keyboard: it works very well.

Conclusion : 

1. the bluetooth driver is correct but for another keyboard
  2. the Lenovo keyboard has not the right driver

Options

1 Posts

08-21-2015

United States

3 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 160 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2015-08-21, 1:12 AM

I just got a bluetooth headset and on the third day started to have the connection problem. I did various installs and unistalls of drivers and software to no avail. So I kust system restored in case I had made any mistakes. But it still wasn't fixed.

On the list of devices I noticed "Other Devices" which contained only "Unknown Device"  I disabled it. I then went back and disabled then enabled the bluetooth. And it began working. I restated my computer and put in sleep mode and it still worked fine. I'll post again if it takes a downturn.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms