Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

03-05-2015

Reading, PA

5 Signins

44 Page Views

• Views: 44
  • Message 161 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2015-08-26, 3:38 AM

After installing Windows 10, my Bluetooth device disconnects after the computer wakes up from sleeping. Performing a full shutdown usually fixes the issue, although I'd prefer that my Bluetooth device would not disconnect at all....

Options

3 Posts

01-11-2016

Switzerland

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 162 of 177

2016-01-11, 15:14 PM

My bluetooth connection is now marginally more stable. I also ended up going into BIOS, disabling WLAN (which was then gone in Windows, but BT still worked) and reenabling it.

I also installed the BT drivers for the Yoga 2: http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/yoga-series/yoga-2-pro-lenovo/downloads/DS103763

Options

1 Posts

01-11-2016

United States

1 Signins

8 Page Views

• Views: 8
  • Message 163 of 177

2016-01-11, 15:22 PM

I can also confim that the Wireless disable/enable in the BIOS worked for me.  This seems to be the best solution thus far.  I've tried all of the other suggestions on the different forums with little to no success.  I think Lenovo needs to work on a fix.  rkaplan27's description and resolution hits it on the head.  As stated, I doubt they fix this so please respond to this thread of the BIOS trick worked for you and maybe we can get this resolved once and for all.  For now, the BIOS "fix" is the fastest way to get your non-existen bluetooth up and running again.

Overview: Go into the bios, disable wireless, reboot into windows, then shut down, go back into bios, and re-enable wireless.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Views: 578
  • Message 164 of 177

2016-01-24, 0:54 AM

I've haunted these forums ever since upgrading to Win 10 which has been a total disaster on both my Yoga 2's.  Both have wifi/Bluetooth problems but both are different - go figure. 

I am running the latest BIOS on both machines.  Up until today I had used some of the suggestions here such as disable/enable Wireless in the BIOS.  Today that quit working and I have absolutely NO bluetooth again - no BT icon on the taskbar at the bottom, no BT in the Device menu and no BT showing in Device Manager.  I have reinstalled the drivers (current and older drivers from Lenovo - doesn't matter), updated the wifi drivers - nothing works now.  This seems to be someway linked to Microsoft Win 10 updates which seem to screw up my BT every so often.  I'm trying to use a Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse (you'd think Microsoft would be able to keep their own hardware working).

I really wanted to use a BT mouse because I need the USB ports for other items such as photo card readers and such.  At present my Yoga 2 Pro is totally and completely devoid of any and all BT capability.  I've been fighting this ever since I upgraded to Windows 10 because it all worked flawlessly up to that time.

Does ANYONE have a solution?  The BIOS trick does not work any longer.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Message 165 of 177

2016-02-09, 13:22 PM

Latest chapter to this continuing saga:

I had intended to throw the Bluetooth Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse away and buy a USB-dongle mouse.  But I'm a stubborn person and I used a Microsoft 10 .iso disc to reinstall Win 10.  That removes everything (files, programs, etc. which I backed up) and puts a new, fresh copy of Win 10 on the SSD.  I then tried to get the BT back but even on a new installation with no additional programs installed (yet), the BT folder and files were there but no BT icon on the taskbar, no BT in the device menu, no BT shown in Device Manager.

I set the laptop aside for a couple of days and booted it up yesterday (2-8-2016) and ran a check for Windows updates.  The .iso disc I had created from online at Microsoft and was pre-November update (what is it, 1156 or some such?).  So that huge update was downloaded and installed and BT reappeared and my mouse is working.

Several things don't make sense here.  My previous Win 10 installation had been updated to the November version and the BT didn't appear.  I have no idea what the difference is EXCEPT that being a Microsoft .iso installation, there are no Lenovo apps included.  As far as I can tell, that is the only difference - unless there was an additional tweak in yesterday's update that hadn't made it into my laptop between last week and yesterday.  I'm guessing it must have something to do with the Lenovo apps - perhaps the Power Manager?

Doing a total reinstall of Win 10 is drastic and a total pain.  And I don't know if this will continue to work or not.  If it fails later, I'll update here.  If not, assume it's "fixed" and working - finally after over a year of fighting ghosts.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Message 166 of 177

2016-03-09, 18:20 PM

As a followup, I note that today (March 8, 2016) in the big MIcrosoft update list, there is a note to one of them that they have made some improvements to the Bluetooth function.  I suspect that Microsoft is finally admitting that there may have been a problem with their BT functional code.  I have not yet installed the March 8 updates but will report back here IF my BT disappears as a result of the updates.

Options

1 Posts

03-19-2016

Florida

5 Signins

27 Page Views

• Views: 27
  • Message 167 of 177

2016-03-19, 19:49 PM

On my Yoga 900 and Windows 10 none of the solutions mentioned worked.  I went to the Intel support page and downloaded their driver utility.  It scanned my machine found my Intel wifi driver out of date and proceeded to update.  Since then the mouse has been performing flawlessly.    Not sure why I didn't try this in the first place as it appears that Lenovo's are Out of date.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Message 168 of 177

2016-03-19, 20:42 PM
It is more complicated than that. We are dealing with multiple models and different wifi cards. I suspect also that some of the Lenovo bloatware may have been part of the problem. Since I did a clean Win 10 installation from an .iso disk I have had no problems with Bluetooth. Before doing that I used Intel, Microsoft and Lenovo drivers all to no effect. BUT that may be yet another solution that may be added to the list that may help someone else. Thanks for adding it.
Options

3 Posts

01-11-2016

Switzerland

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 169 of 177

2016-04-13, 13:25 PM

It's working now. Check Lenovo's update and download site for the Yoga 900 (for example http://support.lenovo.com/ch/de/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/Yoga-Series/yoga-900-13isk?beta=false), there are some new drivers, a BIOS update and an Intel Chipset update, among others. Some came out in March, some in the last few days.

Unfortunately the useless "Lenovo Companion" CrapWare didn't think it would be worth mentioning, I had to find out for myself.

So far, a Microsoft BT Wireless "Arc" Mouse has worked without any interruptions for the last few hours. Also, I frequently had the problem that key presses would be interpreted wrong, eg. a letter would appear twice instead of only once. Happended mostly when I typed very fast. Seems to have been fixed, too. Basically, I installed all the drivers that came out since beginning of this year, with the exception of stuff I thought would make no difference (Camera driver, for example). Here's the list:

Flight Mode Driver
Intel Chipset Driver
Intel Graphic Driver
Intel Serial-IO Driver
Lenovo Utility
Lenovo Yoga Mode Control
Synaptics Touchpad Driver

Fingers crossed here - but it really looks like this could finally transform the otherwise great Yoga 900 into a useable piece of hardware.

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Message 170 of 177

2016-04-13, 13:43 PM

I also note that in today's big Microsoft update (April 13, 2016) there were "fixes" noted for Bluetooth.  I suspect the problem has been with Microsoft 10 all along.  My Yoga 2 Pro worked flawlessly under Win 8.0 which was installed when I purchased it, and under Win 8.1 to which I updated shortly thereafter.  It has only been with Windows 10 that I've had problems, but as noted in my posts above, my BT is still working after months of frustration and agony.  For now, "it ain't broke so I ain't fixin' it" by updating to new drivers.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms