Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

01-11-2016

Switzerland

3 Signins

19 Page Views

• Views: 19
  • Message 171 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2016-04-14, 9:19 AM

Just a quick update - IT STILL WORKS. I haven't had a single glitch in my BT connection since yesterday after I installed the Lenovo updates. This looks very promising indeed!

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Views: 21
  • Message 172 of 177

2016-07-17, 20:27 PM

So use the YOGA 900 drivers for the YOGA 2 PRO? My bluetooth just keeps powering off - status device power failure - after installing those drivers? I swear I've installled so many different drivers - but those were the last set and still happening. Ive tried the intel drivers, the yoga 2 pro drivers, the 900 drivers, and whatever driver it updates to when I click update driver. 

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Message 173 of 177

2016-07-17, 20:59 PM

Also. It won't let me update to that driver as it says I have a newer version installed. EVEN THOUGH I have uninstalled the bt drivers. When I restart my computer they come back. So I guess I havent uninstalled them permannently. Any help guys would be so nice!? Thank you!

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Views: 578
  • Message 174 of 177

2016-07-17, 21:11 PM
And as of last week BT is GONE - no icon, nothing in Device Manager. Reinstall the current BT drivers - nothing. I am totally SICK of this. I have no more time to waste on trying the same things over and over again expecting a different result. I just wish I knew what I did to get it back for a while and what the HELL Microsoft is doing with their updates that is removing BT from my Yoga 2 Pro.
Options

1 Posts

07-27-2016

Canada

1 Signins

6 Page Views

• Views: 6
  • Message 175 of 177

2016-07-27, 15:56 PM

I read from someone's post that upgrading the bluetooth driver et wireless driver directly from Intel worked.  I tried it and so far, my Microsoft bluetooth Arc mouse which use to stop working after a few minutes of usage is working fine for morre than 2 hours. No disconnect, it just works.  I also changed the setting of the bluetooth driver so that it does not stop the bluetooth peripheral to save batteries.

intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/detect.html

I am using a Yoga 900

Options

75 Posts

11-08-2013

Missouri

93 Signins

578 Page Views

• Views: 578
  • Message 176 of 177

2016-07-27, 17:08 PM

I think my problem is different.  My Microsoft Bluetooth Sculpt mouse worked fine - when the BT drivers were loaded.  What I'm seeing is that upon a reboot (presumably following a Microsoft security update), the drivers do not appear to load at all.  There is no Bluetooth icon in the taskbar.  There is no Bluetooth selection in the Settings->Devices menu.  There is no Bluetooth "node" (folder) shown in Device Manager.  It's as if the drivers were deleted.  They are shown in the \Drivers folder but they do not load.  So of course I cannot change the setting of the Bluetooth driver if it isn't loaded.

I have tried Intel drivers in the past.  I will do so again.  I've done that so many times I'm getting a cramp in my touchpad finger.  And you know the definition of stupidity - doing the same thing over and over expecting different results....

The ONLY thing I can think of is that there were very very few of the Yoga 2 Pro laptops sold with the i7 CPU and for some reason, when Microsoft "updates" their security patches, there is some kind of "signature validation" that is not clearing after the update.  Since MOST of these laptops have the i5 CPU, those are the ones Microsoft are testing for compatibility.  My identical Yoga 2 Pro i5 works just fine.  My i7 does not.  I cannot get any satisfaction from the Microsoft web sites regarding this distinction.  They seem to have abandoned the problem.

Options

3 Posts

07-17-2016

United States of America

3 Signins

21 Page Views

• Message 177 of 177

2016-07-28, 5:32 AM

That's a good idea changing the power down saver setting. I turned that off. I've tried these drivers before and they didn't work (intel). But I'll try again with that setting off. Thanks for the info and suggestions!! I'll make sure to update so people can follow suit. You have no idea how many drivers ... and resttarts...and dissapearing bluetooth...ya man I been trhough it all too. I'm not spell checking :)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms