Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

19 Posts

11-19-2013

United States

34 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 31 of 177

Re: Yoga 2 Pro Bluetooth disconnecting (now working fine)

2013-11-30, 2:45 AM
It repeatedly stopped working every day and eventually uninstalling stopped fixing it and would only work if I did a factory reset
Options

24 Posts

11-24-2013

Spokane WA

43 Signins

166 Page Views

• Views: 166
  • Message 32 of 177

2013-11-30, 3:46 AM

Has anyone tried this procedure to see if it works?  http://www.wiknix.com/solved-bluetooth-device-not-working-in-windows-8-1/

Options

52 Posts

10-27-2013

USA

107 Signins

618 Page Views

• Views: 618
  • Message 33 of 177

2013-11-30, 18:24 PM

Even after deleting and reinstalling (numerous times) the Intel Bluetooth driver from support.lenovo.com, I kept having Bluetooth connectivity issues: my Bluetooth keyboard would be working fine, then suddenly stop working. I'd try to reconnect it but it would never work (even though it would connect to other PCs and my Surface RT tablet fine). So, I decided there must be somethign wrong with the Intel Bluetooth driver. I switched to a Generic Bluetooth Adapter instead and the problem seems to be fixe. I will update this thread if that's not the case; I'll be testing it all day to see if I lose connectivity like I often did with the Intel Bluetooth Driver.

Here's what I did:

1. Go to Device Manager (WinKey+X --> M)

2. Open the Bluetooth tree and then right click on the Intel Bluetooth driver to uninstall it.

3. Go to support.lenovo.com, click on Drivers and Downloads, find the Yoga 2 Pro, and then download the Intel Bluetooth driver.

4. Once it downloads, double click on to run it. Keep clicking through until you are presented with the following options:

a. Repair or b. Remove. Click to Remove.

5. Once it completely removes the Intel Bluetooth driver, it'll prompt you to restart your PC. Restart it.

6. When the PC restarts, reopen Device Manager. You should see that a generic driver by Microsoft has installed itself. Try to connect your devices now and let me know if it doesn't work.

Options

7 Posts

11-20-2013

Ohio

7 Signins

56 Page Views

• Views: 56
  • Message 34 of 177

2013-11-30, 18:53 PM

After installing "Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology 4.1.exe" as administrator (right click and select "install as administrator") I now have stable wifi and bluetooth, and all the errros in the Device manager are gone!

http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/sc136w81.exe

Let me know if this works for anyone else

Options

24 Posts

11-24-2013

Spokane WA

43 Signins

166 Page Views

• Message 35 of 177

2013-11-30, 23:32 PM

Attempted installing as Admin, worked for a little while.   The mouse began lagging and after a reboot quit working.

Options

24 Posts

11-24-2013

Spokane WA

43 Signins

166 Page Views

• Message 36 of 177

2013-12-01, 0:27 AM

Ok, I had re-installed bt136w8164 and not sc136w81 as Admin.  I removed and loaded sc136w81, for now the mouse appears to be working much faster, no lags or disappearing cursor.  I'll report back later.

Options

24 Posts

11-24-2013

Spokane WA

43 Signins

166 Page Views

• Message 37 of 177

2013-12-01, 3:00 AM

Ok, sc136w81 lasted for two hours before quitting.

Options

52 Posts

10-27-2013

USA

107 Signins

618 Page Views

• Views: 618
  • Message 38 of 177

2013-12-01, 22:26 PM

wrote:

Even after deleting and reinstalling (numerous times) the Intel Bluetooth driver from support.lenovo.com, I kept having Bluetooth connectivity issues: my Bluetooth keyboard would be working fine, then suddenly stop working. I'd try to reconnect it but it would never work (even though it would connect to other PCs and my Surface RT tablet fine). So, I decided there must be somethign wrong with the Intel Bluetooth driver. I switched to a Generic Bluetooth Adapter instead and the problem seems to be fixe. I will update this thread if that's not the case; I'll be testing it all day to see if I lose connectivity like I often did with the Intel Bluetooth Driver.

Here's what I did:

1. Go to Device Manager (WinKey+X --> M)

2. Open the Bluetooth tree and then right click on the Intel Bluetooth driver to uninstall it.

3. Go to support.lenovo.com, click on Drivers and Downloads, find the Yoga 2 Pro, and then download the Intel Bluetooth driver.

4. Once it downloads, double click on to run it. Keep clicking through until you are presented with the following options:

a. Repair or b. Remove. Click to Remove.

5. Once it completely removes the Intel Bluetooth driver, it'll prompt you to restart your PC. Restart it.

6. When the PC restarts, reopen Device Manager. You should see that a generic driver by Microsoft has installed itself. Try to connect your devices now and let me know if it doesn't work.

Just an update: sometimes the Bluetooth keyboard will suddenly stop working, but it's easily fixed by going back to the Bluetooth settings (under PC Settings) and typing in the search box of the Charms bar--yeah, no joke. I'll be typing in IE in desktop mode, the keyboard will suddenly stop working, I'll swipe to switch apps to the Bluetooth settings, swipe to charms, hit search, type, and it'll start typing, then I'll swipe back to IE in desktop mode and it'll work again. Very bizarre, but still a much better experience with the generic Microsoft Bluetooth driver than Lenovo's Intel one. Regardless, though, this needs to be fixed. It's absurd.

Options

24 Posts

11-24-2013

Spokane WA

43 Signins

166 Page Views

• Message 39 of 177

2013-12-01, 23:40 PM

Done some looking.  Went to SERVICES, and restart the BLUETOOTH MONITORING SERVICE will bring back the mouse.  Other than that not much has been successful.  Interesting the Windows quick button on the mouse works inversely once I open the Service menu.  I think  MS, Lenovo and Intel need to do some overtime for 8.1.

Options

7 Posts

12-02-2013

China

22 Signins

86 Page Views

• Views: 86
  • Message 40 of 177

2013-12-02, 6:10 AM

Hi all,

Just registered here but had my Yoga 2 Pro for a couple of weeks now. This bluetooth issue is (maybe was) driving me mad until I disabled the 'Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power' option in Device Manager > Bluetooth > Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) 4.0 + HS Adapter.

I use an Apple Mighty Mouse and Apple Bluetooth keyboard (my Y2P replaced a 2012 MBA) and it would previously just drop the connections within a few minutes of use but this has at least lasted a few hours so far. I'm on power for much of my day so I can take the battery hit, whatever it may be, although I appreciate it might not be for everyone.

Will report back if it drops again but so far, so good.

I'm on the latest driver from Lenovo's website and a clean install of Windows 8.1 (I'm in China and my Y2P came with Chinese 8.1 which doesn't allow for MUIs so a wipe was needed).

Aside from this BT issue, I'm mighty impressed with the machine, specs and features for the price. I used Desktop / Tent / Tablet modes on a daily basis.

Yoga 2 Pro i5 / 4GB / 120GB / Orange
(Chinese version but wiped with a clean 8.1)
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms