Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jpscratches
What's DOS?
Views: 299
Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 Pro erratic cursor when plugged in

I have recently encountered a problem with my wife's Yoga 2 Pro touchpad.  It's running Windows 10 (all updates downloaded and installed) and the latest Synaptics drivers.  After updating the drivers everything seemed fine.  

This past weekend I was watching my wife try to use the touchpad and it was jumping around when her finger (one or more) was simply resting on the touchpad.  I tried it myself, same behavior.

Did some research and tried updating the Lenovo energy management app and then reinstalled the updated drivers.  Didn't help.

Thinking that perhaps charging had something to do with it, I unplugged the ac adapter and voila, no jumpy cursor.  Plugged it back in and it started jumping around again.

Anyone else encounter this?  Any solution found?

Thanks in advance!

JP

rsbst23
What's DOS?
Views: 203
Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 Pro erratic cursor when plugged in

Did you ever figure out the solution to this issue?

jpscratches
What's DOS?
Views: 198
Message 3 of 4

Nope, no help offered. Maddening behavior.

pelle989
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 4 of 4

For anyone still having this issue...I had attempted Updated Driver, fresh Win10 install to no avail. I noticed that this issue only occured when the Laptop was plugged in. I purchased this Yoga 2 Pro off of eBay and the seller noted that the power adapter was aftermarket. What ended up being the issue for me, is that the power adapter was producing too much interference for the Touchpad and Touchscreen...perhaps the entire laptop. If I plug in the laptop and position the adapter casing as far away as possible, then position my body in between the two, the problem doesn't exist while plugged in. I've read most of your posts, so hopefully that assists some of the headaches out there...at least it's a weird causation. 

http://forum.notebookreview.com/threads/touchpad-not-working-properly-when-connected-to-ac-power.703...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors