Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-12-2014

Germany

3 Signins

82 Page Views

• Views: 82
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro factory reset (in ubuntu 14.04)

2014-07-12, 11:26 AM

Hey,

i bought a Yoga 2 Pro ~2 months ago and though i had little doubts on win8 I immediately started to love the whole system - the hardware as well as the software.

So, I'm on my M.Sc. of computer science and for that (and for private reasons, too) I need linux. Until a week ago I used ubuntu 14.04 in a VM but due to the breathtaking resolution of the y2p it did not work for my complete satisfaction.

Then i wanted to install linux on a usb stick, but that went horribly wrong: I accidentally formatted the ssd and installed linux on the y2p instead of the usb stick (as student of computer science -.-).

So, after the first panic attacks I thought about keeping linux as OS but now I know for sure that I want the old OS back.

Thus I formatted the ssd completely, the system recovery function of lenovo is not available anymore. Trying to make a bootable win8 usb stick is not working since the win license key is not readable from bios in linux.

Are there any ways to get back to factory settings in my situation?

Regards,

fenriz

Options

234 Posts

08-20-2011

Bosnia and Herzegovina

1117 Signins

6736 Page Views

• Views: 6736
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro factory reset (in ubuntu 14.04)

2014-07-12, 12:59 PM
Can you start the recovery by booting with NOVO button and Windows recovery USB stick plugged in?
If you don't have USB recovery stick then I'm afraid you'll have to order DVDs from Lenovo. Not for free.
Options

5 Posts

11-05-2014

Rennes, France

6 Signins

38 Page Views

• Views: 38
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro factory reset (in ubuntu 14.04)

2014-11-07, 15:57 PM

There are tons of different partitions on the pre-installed system, you can find the details here There should be a recovery image somewhere, on one of them...(that's how that tends to work nowadays, since ultrabooks don't usually have CD drives)

Start up the disk using the NOVO button (the tiny one next to the power button) and choose "Recover system". The recover to "factory defaults" or something of that kind (unless you deleted the other partitions when installing Ubuntu...)

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms