cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
coquinco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,113
Message 1 of 13

Yoga 2 Pro has own wifi signal? LDC_SAP_(computer name)-PC - How to disable?

I have a Yoga 2 Pro that seems to be giving off its own wifi signal, called LDC_SAP_(my computer name)-PC.

This network is visible by other devices. I don't know what this is or if it does anything, but I want to disable it, so that my laptop name isn't visible to everyone around me.

If I open the Netwok and Sharing Center, there are two networks there. One is my normal wifi network that I am connected to, and the other is this LDC_SAP_(computer)-PC network, which I can't seem to disable. It says it is connected by Local Area Connection* 6 and when I go into it and click disable, it turns off for a few seconds but then comes back again on its own. When I click on Properties, in Networking it says "Connect using: Microsoft Hosted Network Virtual Adapter." What is this????

This is really bugging me, and I want to turn it off.

Is anyone else having this problem or know what to do with it? Please let me know. Thank you very much. Let me know if you need any more information

signer
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,246
Message 2 of 13

Betreff: Yoga 2 Pro has own wifi signal? LDC_SAP_(computer name)-PC - How to disable?

Hello

This was also bothering me.

This is the hotspot option from windows.

With this commands you can enable/disable this service (Note: You must run  command line with admin rights.)

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=disallow

greetz
coquinco
Fanfold Paper
Views: 24,065
Message 3 of 13

Betreff: Yoga 2 Pro has own wifi signal? LDC_SAP_(computer name)-PC - How to disable?

Thank you so much that worked perfectly! It's been annoying me for so long! Glad that's finally over with.

Thanks again!
slipmat
What's DOS?
Views: 23,696
Message 4 of 13

I just registered to say thanks Smiley Happy

DanSolo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 23,694
Message 5 of 13

Should save a bit of battery too! I'll keep an eye out for this "feature" when mine arrives!
L_WhiteRaven
What's DOS?
Views: 19,975
Message 6 of 13

I just regesiterd to say thank you as well.

I called up Lenovo support & after 40 min of them tinkering with my options they didnt fix anything. But that one simple line of code did the trick. My LDC_SAP network continueously kicked me off the internet but not my Wi-Fi network so I would have to restart my computer alot. Much thanks

The network I think is used for some sort of home network setup where your labtop is the controller but having a constant wifi signial output interuppts the incoming signal somehow.

...Its a strange world in this Yoga Pro 2 but its awesome.

boorhamer
What's DOS?
Views: 18,849
Message 7 of 13

The best way is disable the lenovo VPN services. Otherwise this problem keeps on coming back.

Chowlander
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,835
Message 8 of 13

Hi,  The problem (reappearance of LDC_SAP wifi signal) also keeps returning for me.  How does one disable Lenovo VPN services?  I've looked both online, & on my computer (including in the Services section of what's running), & don't see anything.

THx. for any help you can offer.

Chowlander
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,829
Message 9 of 13

I may have solved problem by going into Netowrk Settings & disabling the connection.

Chowlander
Fanfold Paper
Views: 17,626
Message 10 of 13

But for me the LDC-SAP wifi signal returns each time I reboot.  Ughhh!

Top Kudoed Authors