Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

12 Posts

11-27-2013

Pittsburgh, PA

40 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 1 of 4

Yoga 2 Pro - is rattling touchpad normal ?

2013-11-27, 20:40 PM

So, Monday, I went to Best Buy to pick up my new Yoga 2 Pro that I'd ordered from them.

Didn't take me long to notice that when I tap on the touchpad (for normal mouse navigation and whatnot), that the touchpad rattles. Almost sounds like I'm clicking it, but I'm not pressing that hard.

I immediately thought "defective" and need to exchange it.  But when I stopped by Best Buy today to try out the floor models, another Yoga and some other "IdeaPad" also had the same problem.  Also noticed it with an Acer.  Not on a Sony, though.  The floor models didn't sound as loud, or maybe that I had to tap harder, but that might just have been the fact that the store isn't the quietest place, drowning out the sound somewhat, versus my quiet living room.

Searching the forums, I'm not really seeing anybody else complaining, save for a couple of year old posts about the same problem with IdeaPad Y580s.

So Best Buy floor models suggests it's "normal", but lack of posts here on it me think it's not normal.

I'm used to touchpads that are dead silent when tapping them, unless you tap hard enough to actually "click" them.

Thoughts?

Options

134 Posts

11-09-2013

Fairfax, Virginia

125 Signins

1115 Page Views

• Views: 1115
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - is rattling touchpad normal ?

2013-11-27, 21:56 PM

It sounds normal to me...on my y2p, it only makes a noticeable clicking sound when i push down firmly on the mouse pad.

Options

5 Posts

12-04-2013

United States

20 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 3 of 4

2013-12-23, 3:51 AM

I was wondering if you ever resolved this. I just got my Y2P and have noticed the same thing. It's very minor, but whenever i use the touchpad it gives just enough for there to be a sound.

Options

12 Posts

11-27-2013

Pittsburgh, PA

40 Signins

232 Page Views

• Views: 232
  • Message 4 of 4

2013-12-23, 23:36 PM
I ended up returning my Y2P with the rattling touchpad to BestBuy. They tried to tell me it was normal but didn't fight at all when I said I just wanted to return it anyways.

Ordered a replacement Y2P and no touchpad rattle at all.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms