Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo Yoga Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

12-12-2013

Canada

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro: keyboard some keys don't register right away

2013-12-12, 16:39 PM

Hello,

I've just gotten a Yoga 2 Pro and have some issues with the keyboard. When I first opened it I wasn't able to capitalize some letters using shift key, like ASDF. After playing around with it. I was able to type A by holding shift and A for about 3 seconds.

Now when I type some small letters are not registering right away unless I hold them for 3-5 seconds.

This morning I've noticed a strange behaviour, when I hold down the letter k, all other keys respond quickly, when I type. I have to hold k for a few seconds before it gets registered.

I've tried updating all the drivers for keyboard in device manager, did a factory reset. But the same issues remain even in BIOS.

Did anyone else run into this issue? I really don't want to send this unit back since everything else works.

Options

13 Posts

12-04-2013

USA

84 Signins

403 Page Views

• Views: 403
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: keyboard some keys don't register right away

2013-12-12, 17:17 PM
Don't have a Y2P yet, but dealt with may keyboards. Is there a key that is stuck? Press every key and see what happens.

If there is no relief, then it sounds like a bad KB.
Options

4 Posts

12-12-2013

Canada

8 Signins

47 Page Views

• Views: 47
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro: keyboard some keys don't register right away

2013-12-12, 19:13 PM

None seem to be visually stuck. I did try to press all letter/symbol keys to see which ones are working.

I'll try all keys tonight.

Lenovo support didn't have a solution either, they said the same thing send it for a replacement.

I didn't get any of the other issues that some people are having so I'm reluctant to send it away and wait for a few month to get a replacement :(

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms