Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JustDroppedBy
What's DOS?
Views: 7,609
Message 11 of 15

Re: Yoga 2 Pro lacks active digitizer?

Read this blog: http://michaellinenberger.com/blog/the-importance-of-an-active-digitizer-pen/

I was so very close, in buying a Lenovo Ideapad Yoga 2 Pro. Ive had my eyes on Microsoft Surface 2 Pro.
For several years now, ive tried moving over to digital when drawing. It never felt right for me with the Wacom Intuos 3, i kept dreaming of one day being able to draw directly on the screen, for an affordable price.
My wife came home one day, with both and an iPad 4th gen 128GB and a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1.
I loved the Galaxy Note because of the digitizer and i could wireless connect both a mouse and keyboard. I soon afterwards sold our iPad because we didnt use it. Soon after that, I discovered how laggy and underpowered the Galaxy Note was when having multiple layers in Autodesk Sketchbook Pro, so I sold that one aswell. Meanwhile our daughter was missing "her" iPad so much. We then bought an iPad Air 128GB.
Now i was still going around and dreaming about the Surface 2 Pro. There was No Way! I was ever gonna try drawing on the iPad screen with an stylus....
Then all of sudden a miracle happened when i found Wacom Creative Stylus and the ProCreate app. This combo is brilliant, so check it out guys. Im still dreaming of a much finer stylus point tho and will eventually buy some of the other stylus brands that offers 2048 preasure sensitivity aswell. Smaller pen tips are needed in apps like Inkpad.
But im still looking for an all in one package like the rest of you and so are the guys in that blog link i pasted, so read that and stay tuned.
C'mon! Please Lenovo.... Your so close. Keep up with the creative thinking.

Keep in mind the iPad Air screen resolution is 2048 x 1536
264 pixels per inch (ppi)
lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 7,606
Message 12 of 15

Get the ThinkPad yoga.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
davidbarriosr
Paper Tape
Views: 7,004
Message 13 of 15

Wow!! I was actually on the process of ordering my Yoga 2 Pro online, then I got to the accesories part, and saw that there was no digitizer pen. I assumed the Y2P was going to have it for sure (why would it not!!!). I mean, a hybrid with no digitizer?? What´s the point if one of the main uses of a tablet is taking notes!! Isn´t the idea of a tablet to replace activities that you would do on paper like drawing and notes so that you can now do them on a screen??

So yeah, I was two clicks away of buying a Y2Pro and I was lucky enough to come to this post before finishing my purchase. I cancelled the purchase and now back to doing some research on to what is the best hybrid out there... what do you guys think is the best?? (of course that for being the best hybrid digitizer should be a minimun!!)

bhima
What's DOS?
Views: 7,001
Message 14 of 15

At this time, the best hybrid is looking to be the Surface Pro 3. The 3:2 screen ratio is MUCH better for productivity than the wider screen offerings and it looks like Microsoft, NTrig and Adobe have been working together on this device. I'm still holding off for Broadwell myself... maybe by then Lenovo will have a proper response to the new Surface.

davidbarriosr
Paper Tape
Views: 6,987
Message 15 of 15

Surface Pro 2 was actually my number 2 option, but maybe pre-ordering the surface pro 3 is actually the best idea. I really need a hybrid right now so I can´t wait for Lenovo to figure out the importance of digitizers in hybrids. It´s a shame because I really liked the overall design, specs and looks of the Y2P. Amazing how one little detail can make you change your mind on where to spend your $1,000+

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors