10-17-2016

US

14 Signins

172 Page Views

• Views: 172
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro micro HDMI -> HDMI External Display not working

2016-10-18, 2:05 AM

I purchased an external monitor on Friday.  It worked on Friday and Saturday. Sunday when I booted up, the external monitor no longer worked. The history appears to show an automatic update occurred overnight.  I was running Windows 8.1.  I upgraded to 10.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the intel video driver, I reinstalled the chipset driver.  I have trimmed the micro HDMI cord as suggested in one of the posts.  I have seen enough posts on the various boards to know my issue does not seem to be an isolated case... but I haven't been able to find an explanation of the cause or a reliable solution.  Any help is appreciated.

Options

1 Posts

12-22-2016

NL

1 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro micro HDMI -> HDMI External Display not working

2016-12-22, 15:51 PM

Hi Mose1, did you find a solution for the micro-hdmi win10 problem?

Have exactly the same, it just to work under 8.1, but doesn't under win10. Tried all available drivers, the connector/cable was a bit flaky so bought several new ones. Even bought usb3.0 to hdmi adapters to try to bypass problem, but have not found a solution yet... Hope you might have found one... ? 

Options

1 Posts

07-12-2020

CH

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Yoga 2 Pro micro HDMI -> HDMI External Display not working - the solution

2020-07-12, 20:27 PM

Hi,

after year's i found the solution in a other blog. It's very simple. The Micro HDMI adapter part which goes into the notebook is to short. You have to cut with a little knife a bit less than 1mm from the plastic, so that the adapter goes a bit deaper into the notebook. If done this, and it worked.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete