Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ilanarama
Punch Card
Views: 214
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 Pro monitor issues upon waking from sleep

I have a Y2P which I upgraded to Windows 10 a few months ago.  I have updated all the drivers and the BIOS, done the registry fix for the DPTF driver discussed here to fix degraded performance in non-laptop mode, and turned off adaptive brightness.  Most of my use is plugged in with the machine in stand mode, with a second monitor and BT mouse and BT keyboard.

After doing the DPTF driver fix, I noticed that a few times when I was away from my desk, the machine rebooted spontaneously due to a critical error which seemed to be from overheating, so I set the power mode to sleep after 10 minutes idle.  Most of the time, now, it has no difficulty waking up.  But so far twice when I have woken the machine, the primary monitor is off, and can't be found by any setting or control panel, and the auxilliary monitor behaves as though it is the primary one.  This can be fixed by rebooting or by unplugging the second monitor, and then plugging it in again.

Also, a couple of times now, when the machine wakes, the primary monitor is very dim.  The first time it happened, I went into settings and made it brighter.  But when it happened today, despite my increasing brightness to 100% (through the keyboard, through the display settings, through whatever I could find) the screen stayed very dim.  I finally rebooted, and the screen returned to normal.

Does anyone have any suggestions for keeping these things from happening?  I am not a fan of repeated reboots.

ilanarama
Punch Card
Views: 125
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 Pro monitor issues upon waking from sleep

Just replying to myself to bump this topic.  Has anyone else experienced this, and/or have an idea of how to stop it?

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors