cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mralobar
Paper Tape
Views: 628
Message 1 of 2

Yoga 2 Pro - no mouse function, touchpad stopped working, usb mouse not working either ?

I have a Yoga 2 Pro, running Windows 10, working fine after upgrade several months ago.

Last week noticed intermittent touchpad freezing, then touchpad lock requiring a reboot, then total failure of touchpad.

Device manager reports 'This device cannot start (Code 10)'.

Given the patten of behaviour prior to total failure I suspected a HW fault so opened her up and checked the touchpad cable - re-seated it, but no joy.  I have of course tried the usual things such as reinstalling drivers, cleaning the registry.

This is the real puzzler though, I plugged in a (known working) USB mouse, it is recognised and reported as working fine in device manager, but it doesn't work.

No mouse pointer is displayed.  The mouse appears on start-up but cannot be controlled at all.  After logging in it disappears - I can press 'ctrl' to show where the pointer is - the pointer doesn't appear but the concentric circles flash up.

Switching in and out of tablet mode works fine - it disables and re-enables the keyboard without problem.

Can anyone advise me....

- Can a failed touchpad prevent a usb mouse from working ?

- If not then what can cause all mouse function to not work ?

- Any other ideas of what I can try ?

In all other respects the laptop is working fine.

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

PS

I have not tried a restore to previous state yet - but will do once backup has completed.

mralobar
Paper Tape
Views: 596
Message 2 of 2

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - no mouse function, touchpad stopped working, usb mouse not working either ?

In case it is of any use to others - now resolved, kind of.

No idea what the precise cause was, but it must have been some sort of file or settings corruption as the latest major windows update, #1607, has resolved the problem.

I still can't fully reconcile it though as my touch pad exhibited intermittent problems before completely giving up.

The cause remains a mystery but I'm happy to report the hardware is working fine - I still love these Lenovo laptops - quality products :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors