cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uplink
Punch Card
Views: 910
Message 1 of 8

Yoga 2 Pro - planning thinkvantage compatibility, or lenovo system update functional any soon?

Dear Lenovo,

Do You plan on fixing Your flagships basic drivers and utilities any time soon? I can't run thinkvantage update center, nor lenovo system update. Yes, I tried everything listed on forums. No, it still doesn't work. Thank You for Your eventual fix,

Best regards

uplink

Guru
Views: 875
Message 2 of 8

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - planning thinkvantage compatibility, or lenovo system update functional any soon?

Here is all the software and drivers you can install on your Yoga 2 Pro: http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS038317

A Yoga 2 Pro is not a ThinkPad, so you can't install the programs you mentioned.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

uplink
Punch Card
Views: 869
Message 3 of 8

Re: Yoga 2 Pro - planning thinkvantage compatibility, or lenovo system update functional any soon?

Greetings sir Jonas,

Thank You for Your fast reply. Hmm, so that means that even a "pro" product can't take advantage of thinkvantage technology? What a shame.

Yoga 2 Pro could've been the pinnacle of technology, if they made it some autodrivers installer + didn't screw up the yellows into greens Smiley Sad I'm returning them today, am going to inferior Sony Vaio Fit 13A Multi-Flip :/

Thank You once more,

regards

Bryan
Guru
Views: 861
Message 4 of 8

There is a Yoga 2 13 and Yoga 2 Pro. The Yoga 2 Pro has a better display compared to the Yoga 2 13. Which is why they call it 'Pro' probably.

But to use ThinkVantage software you have to buy THINK-branded products like ThinkPad, ThinkCentre and so on.

There is nothing wrong with the yellows, why don't you consider a ThinkPad Yoga? It has a Full HD display, and has the software you want.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

uplink
Punch Card
Views: 854
Message 5 of 8

You saved me sir, I thank You for that, already ordered.

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Guru
Views: 841
Message 6 of 8

Wow! Great configuration you chose. Does yours also have the digitizer pen?

Make sure to try the TrackPoint (red dot on the keyboard), once you start using that you will never go back to using a touchpad ever again. I really love it when I am on the road. The ThinkPad Yoga is still on my wishlist.

I also recommend you to get a sleeve or case for the ThinkPad Yoga. The sleeve will protect it even more when it is in your bag. I had one for my Yoga 13 and it helped a lot. I didn't have a single scratch after 6 months taking it to college every day.

Here is a thread that may get you started: http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-Edge-S-series/Recommendations-for-sleeve-case-for-Thinkpad-Yoga...

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

uplink
Punch Card
Views: 816
Message 7 of 8

jonas_hendrickx - thank You for Your reply sir Smiley Happy
uplink
Punch Card
Views: 798
Message 8 of 8

Guys in lenovo must be joking. I have burnt out display on Yoga and I barely touched the display and scratches appeared on it. Is this the end of the world already?

Moderator note; profanity / implied profanity edited. Keep it clean! Forum Rules

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors