cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fahmadr
Paper Tape
Views: 1,832
Message 1 of 7

Yoga 2 Pro power and keyboard blinking - motherboard?

Good afternoon:

My Yoga 2 Pro is unable to wake from sleep -- the power button, power light and backlit keyboard are flashing -- but there is no response to any button.

From my research here on the forums and elsewhere it seems as if Lenovo representatives have confirmed that Lenovo shipping defective motherboards on Yoga 2 Pro with early 8gb models.

I'm out of warranty now (about 7 days!@) and need to know my options: just want to confirm that Lenovo will not take any responsibility despite shipping an item with a known defect. When I called Lenovo support they said no go.

I also would like to know the correct updated part number were I to order the motherboard (i7, 8gb) ends in 4988?

Suffice to say, despite its flaws, I thought the y2pro was a good laptop, Lenovo customer support has been less so.

Sincerely,

Oesten
What's DOS?
Views: 1,692
Message 2 of 7

Re: Yoga 2 Pro power and keyboard blinking - motherboard?

Good Question!!!

I am 2 months out of warranty and are experiencing the same problem!

When will Lenovo take some responsibility for this well known problem with the yoga 2 pro??

I would be keen to know the correct replacement motherboard and how to obtain it in Thailand??

raviff
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,682
Message 3 of 7

From what I've seen, all the Yoga 2 pro motherboards are interchangeable. Mine had the same problem and I replaced the i7 4500 for a i7 4510 motherboard that I bought on ebay.

The notebook is working again, but I already regret spending money to fix it because it's back to running way too hot to be normal.

I also think that Lenovo should have recalled all the early notebooks to fix this problem. I'm definetively not buying Lenovo for my next notebook.

pattyspaws
What's DOS?
Views: 1,217
Message 4 of 7

I have the same issue...... It was happened 2 months after warranty expired. It may have the Lenovo timer on the motherboard.

pwillies
Paper Tape
Views: 833
Message 5 of 7

I'm sad to report that my Yoga Pro 2 died this week - blinking keyboard issue. R.I.P. Yoga 2 Pro. Is there anything that Lenovo will do to assist with this problem?

Tib02
Paper Tape
Views: 811
Message 6 of 7

My Yoga 2 pro died last week also. Same keyboard/blinking not able to awake issue...

I am pretty sure we are screwed... Moving to an Asus laptop. 

WiredDan
Fanfold Paper
Views: 659
Message 7 of 7

My 4-year-old Yoga 2 Pro has entered this endless loop of power cycling: keyboard light on, keyboard lights off and nothing goes to screen. Seems like a well-known problem from what I've been reading (a manufacturing defect in ELPIDA  J8416E6MB -GN-F 1339R6A6N20 memory modules). 

I can't believe Lenovo's refusing to take responsibility for this. Instead of issuing a recall, they are trying to capitalize on this defect by charging its clients the full cost of fixing it (shipping + inspection + parts + labour). Very disappointed in you, Lenovo - a brand name that used to mean quality is no more.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors