Australia

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 3

Yoga 2 Pro slow performance Windows 10

2015-09-06, 5:23 AM

Hi folks,

I've previously posted about bad battery life under Windows 10 and i'm now thinking that it's related to some pretty serious performance issues. Everything just seems to run extremely slowly. So I had a look in task manager and it seems that both Chrome and a process called System are using up huge amounts of memory. I've attached a screen grab and I was hoping someone could tell me whether this is normal or whether there might be something going wrong? 

https://imgur.com/bV0RRa6

I got all my driver updates from the Lenovo page when I first upgraded. I've also done a malware scan and found no issues.

Any help would be much appreciated. Right now this computer is driving me insane.

Thanks

A

Options

142 Posts

01-01-2014

georgia

463 Signins

4214 Page Views

• Views: 4214
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro slow performance Windows 10

2015-09-06, 12:37 PM

Chrome memory use seems to be about right (high is "normal"). You have malwarebytes running at 9% CPU however, is it running an active scan? Keep an eye on that. Maybe disable it and see if that helps. You can google for "high system use on windows 10" and find lots of pages of this problem. The two main work arounds are disabling superfetch and the runtime system broker. Also some drivers can cause high memory use. You can try these and other solutions. My system task is often > 100MB but doesn't seem to continue to grow. Does your sysstem memory continue to grow over time? Does it reset back to a smaller number at boot?

Options

5 Posts

08-30-2015

Australia

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Yoga 2 Pro slow performance Windows 10

2015-09-07, 10:44 AM

Hi thanks for your reply. Yes I just restarted and the system task was taking up around 40mb but then quickly jumped up to around 400mb. Guessing this is almost certainly the cause of my issues but not sure what's causing it. Anyone with the Yoga 2 Pro suffering from similar issues?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete