Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrBunster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,321
Message 1 of 100

Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and am loving my Y2P so far. I have been following several threads about tweaking my new machine, and I love the sense of community that you guys have here. I decided to join so I could pose a question:

Has anyone had a problem with their machine waking up with the lid closed (in sleep mode). Sometimes when I take my computer out of my bag, it is awake. Since the power button is so hard to press in the first place, I don't think an accidental press is waking it up. Could a device be waking it up?

What do you guys think?

-IB

kareempuyol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,290
Message 2 of 100

Re: Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

Yes, I have this too.

Bad thing is I always have that in a laptop case so everytime when it wakes up it is baking-hot. 

Highlighted
kareempuyol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,289
Message 3 of 100

And I think it won't wake up when it's still. It will wake up only when you move it. (like carrying it in a backpack etc). I've experienced this for 6-7 times in the past half month and only once it was sitting on a pile of clothes and woke up. When I found that, it was very hot.

kareempuyol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,287
Message 4 of 100

So I did an experiment

Close the lid -------------->It sleeps

Push the power button --------------------> It wakes up.

So I guess that's the reason.

If you push the power botton when it sleeps, it will go on.

This is a bug that needs to be fixed asap though.

MrBunster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,280
Message 5 of 100

Hmmm. I can't replicate that. However, after attempting what you did, I then opened the lid, and the machine didn't wake up. I had to press the power button after opening the lid to wake it up.

Yes, I would agree this is a major issue (dare I say more major than the dreaded puke yellows). Heads up Lenovo: your machines are waking up in people's bags with no ventilation. Seems like a deep problem with the firmware, or maybe the Smart Connect.
MrBunster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,181
Message 6 of 100

Any update on this guy from anyone? I uninstalled Intel Smart Connect and am still having the same problem.

Lenovo, throw us a bone here. This is a problem.

kareempuyol
Fanfold Paper
Views: 7,163
Message 7 of 100

Do you have a mouse connected to it and the mouse is not turned off?

I found that when my Y2P sleeps, if I move or click the mouse, y2p wakes up even when the lid is closed.

MrBunster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,123
Message 8 of 100

Bump for this one. I had my machine in my bag at 100% charge this morning, and I found it awake 3 hours later, burning up, with only 60% battery left. The machine is in its own slot, so I know nothing is hitting the power button.

I know of at least 2-3 other people in this forum that are having this problem. It's irritatting, to say the least.

Bumpity bump bump bump. Smiley Sad

I really want to keep this thing, but heavens it's buggy as hell.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,097
Message 9 of 100

@MrBunster & All...

Just to rule it out, could you please check the state of the "Allow this device to wake the computer" setting on the Power Management tab of the HID, Keyboard and Mice items in Device Manager? If any are enabled, please try disabling. Also, if you would, please run the "powercfg /devicequery wake_armed" command from a cmd prompt to see if anything else could be triggering a wake-up event.

Please post back with what you find.

For reference, my Y2P does not awaken unintentionally.

Regards.

y2p power.jpg

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

shaanfx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 7,084
Message 10 of 100

My results:

I have this issue too so I looked into this, but there wasn't actually anything with the setting checked to wake the computer, so it's not that (for me anyway).

Also, when my Y2P is asleep, pressing the power button does NOT turn it on.

After a random wake, I also tried typing the following into the command line to see the cause of the last wake:

powercfg -lastwake

It said the power button woke it, but it also says that if you wake it by opening the lid.  So it didn't help me troubleshoot, but it might be useful.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors