Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
meticulous
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,938
Message 91 of 100

Re: Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

In my case, the problem is related to "Stable Mode."  This is one of the default power/battery management modes for the Y2P.  Under Power Options in the control panel, it literally says that this mode prevents the computer from entering sleep mode.  I have no idea why. 

I changed to having it hibernate instead of sleep.  I'll also try "daily mode" instead, because the computer has started to overhead in stable mode, which is weird.  Previously, (before recent firmware updgrade?), stable mode ran very cool.

indest
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,929
Message 92 of 100

Please run the energy report command line and then share the report with me. Be careful, the report might have your serial #.  Remove that before sharing. 

deSitter
Paper Tape
Views: 1,894
Message 93 of 100

This morning my W520 woke up at 3 in the morning to install Windows updates and did not go back to sleep for a solid hour. The computer was still warm when I fished it out of the bag at 8 AM. This is a serious issue! I'm pretty sure my computer's circuitry will protect the computer but if nothing else, this is a fire hazard! It's the Lenovo power management software. There SHOULD BE a giant button with a prominent label that says "Never wake from hibernation on system events". You have to turn them off per device in the Windows device manager. In my case, the wired connection had been enabled - I never use that usually and had neglected to turn off waking on ethernet events. As someone pointed out above, the best check is to issue the command in a text console

powercfg -devicequery wake_armed

Go to every listed device in Device Manager, select the Power Management tab, and disable waking on events.

-drl

Moderator comment: Remark(s) contravening the Community Rules removed - profanity / implied profanity. Keep it clean.

mcallesen
What's DOS?
Views: 1,687
Message 94 of 100

I hope that this hasn't already been answered in this forum and that I'm not kicking a dead horse here...but I'm having this problem, too. I discovered that if I have the laptop closed and I apply a little pressure to the center of the back of the monitor, it wakes up from sleep mode. So the reason that the laptop keeps waking up in my backpack in likely due to the pressure of my books in my backpack, even though my laptop and books are in separate pockets.

Any solutions?

Blockhouse
Paper Tape
Views: 1,557
Message 95 of 100

PhilipHendry-

I also have metal clasps on my bag, and I tried your experiement and it caused it to turn on! (though it happens just over the orientation-lock button) This has been frustrating for so long, good find.... now what to do about it. Since it happens around the orientation button, and it's in the middle of the laptop AND I have two clasps on both sides of the middle of my messenger bag, changing the orientation won't do anything..... it happens when placing the magnet over the top OR bottom of the button.... arrrgghhh

p.s. putting pressure on the lid (pressing keys) while the laptop is closed has no effect. It stays asleep.

p.s.s. since I use bitlocker and a super long password, hybernation is NOT an option.

Marcos67
What's DOS?
Views: 1,426
Message 96 of 100

Can you explain same but for the group 1?

Confirm AHK is Autohotkey program.

Thanks...

scorown
What's DOS?
Views: 1,263
Message 97 of 100

this is just ridiculous how ignorant lenovo is. the last mouse driver update for this thing was in 2013, probably when laptop came out.

It is the mouse that keeps moving when lid is closed and wakes the laptop up. When i connect it to tv to watch movie the mouse keeps moving and clicking around when the lid is closed

Marcos67
What's DOS?
Views: 1,257
Message 98 of 100

That is not my case. I turn off my mouse every time I put the yoga to
sleep. Could it be that I get by to other active mouses?

BobbyLink
Paper Tape
Views: 1,094
Message 99 of 100

I attempted to use the AHK solution (suggested by @indest) but commands sent to DevManView do not disable my keyboard unless I fully reboot the computer after sending the command. Seeing as the computer does not reboot when entering sleep, the AHK scripted solution does not work for my frustrating Y2P. 

How can I disable the keyboard from having the ability to wake my computer while my computer is asleep? Running 

powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

reports that no devcies are enabled to wake my computer from sleep. How is the keyboard still waking my computer during sleep?

metal450
Punch Card
Views: 323
Message 100 of 100

I'm also having this issue (where "squeezing" the laptop presses the keyboard & causes it to wake).  I've implemented the AutoHotKey script, but like BobbyLink has noted, "DevManView.exe /disable "Standard PS/2 Keyboard"" doesn't actually immediately disable the keyboard - so it doesn't solve the problem.  i.e. I can execute the DevManView command, and continue using the keyboard just fine (even though it does show it as "disabled."

I'm both baffled and dissappointed that four years later, Lenovo is still releasing laptops that suffer from this blatantly obvious problem.  Mine is a Yoga 700-11ISK, and I've actually had damage due to it getting red-hot in my backpack when it was supposed to be asleep.  Really really sad.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors