cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Guru
Views: 2,573
Message 11 of 100

Re: Yoga 2 Pro wakes up when lid is closed

Check device manager, the WLAN card. Maybe it's woken up by magic packets.

I am going to do specific test tonight.

You can also use hibernation as a workaround. It's much better for the battery. And the SSD is fast enough.

powercfg /h on
powercfg /h /size 100

Or right-click start orb, go to 'Power Options', choose what the power buttons do.

Now click: 'Change the settings that are currently unavailable'.

Enable 'Hibernate'

You can disable 'Sleep' if you like there. I would rather use hibernation since sleep can kill the battery if used a lot. I have seen batteries detioriate faster with sleep mode users.

I will do my testing tonight!

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

MrBunster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,560
Message 12 of 100

Sarbin,

I disabled those settings for the HID Keyboard and HID Mouse (which I assume are the external ones). I keep my mouse off, so I don't know why that would wake it up (let alone wake it up while the lid is closed).

I also tried that query in the CMD, and received the reply "NONE"

I will post back if I experience wakeups after the changes I made in Device Manager.

-IB

MrBunster
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,545
Message 13 of 100

Jonas,

The Magic Packet checkbox was already disabled, along with the one to allow the card to wake the device. What will you be testing?

-IB
tcj
Punch Card
Views: 2,530
Message 14 of 100

I'm having the same issue.  I'll pull it out of my bag and it's burning hot... and I mean HOT.  I tried to replicate by pressing the power button but it does nothing (I have the power button set to turn the computer on or off - not sleep).  It happened to me twice so far... owned this particular Yoga 2 Pro for less than a week.

Guru
Views: 2,521
Message 15 of 100

I am trying to reproduce the same problems hopefully with some luck.

Can you also right-click the start orb and post the Windows Event Viewer logs here? Export them to a txt or html file if you can. Maybe there is some information in there.

The power button is not malfunctioning that is sure. Else it would also boot on its own completely.

Maybe malfunctioning lid? Thinking it's being opened?

Have you guys also tried disabling the touchpad? Right-click the touchpad icon and disable it completely. See if it still happens. It might help us solving this problem.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

shakermaker41
Punch Card
Views: 2,510
Message 16 of 100

Mine does this with my USB Logitech mouse.  It uses one of those tiny unifying receivers.

If I leave the receiver in my latop when I close the lid, and then move my mouse the computer will wake back up.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,488
Message 17 of 100

@shakermaker41 wrote:

Mine does this with my USB Logitech mouse.  It uses one of those tiny unifying receivers.

If I leave the receiver in my latop when I close the lid, and then move my mouse the computer will wake back up.

Please definitely check the settings of the items in Device Manager previously posted.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

tcj
Punch Card
Views: 2,482
Message 18 of 100

I followed these directions but my Microsoft mouse (the irony) still wakes my closed-lid computer when it's moved or buttons clicked.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkb6o366tNk

Now I know why my computer is often so hot when I get back to my desk (while it's plugged in).  It was always on even after I left it closed and supposedly in sleep mode for hours.  

Is this a windows issue or Lenovo Y2P issue?  My bluetooth mouse (which I use in my bedroom) doesn't have this problem.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,467
Message 19 of 100

@tjc...

What result do you get when you run "powercfg /devicequery wake_armed" from a command window?

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

shaanfx
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 2,456
Message 20 of 100

Haven't tried that after a random wake, but after waking by opening the lid, i get "NONE".

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors